Happy Birthday Gracie

 Written July 8, 2018

Happy Birthday my sweet Gracie girl!

Your second year went by in a blur! I have to admit that I am excited to see you every single morning, you are hands down one of my very favorite people on the planet.

You learned a lot this year, you started the year not walking or talking, and ended it a little chatterbox to spent most of her time running to keep up with her brothers- so much has changed in one year!

You love your brothers. I can't decide which one is your favorite, but I think it might be Zach. You have both boys wrapped around your little finger. You always make Michael "fetch" your "mamos" (pacifier) and night night (blanket) for you. This morning I heard you count to three after asking him to get it for you- yes you are a little bit bossy.

You can't stand your hair in your face and are usually willing to sit still (while watching Peppa Pig) to get your hair done.

You discovered TV this year, not great. We watched Frozen so many times I thought I was going to lose my mind. Now you like Peppa Pig and have convinced the boys that they want to watch that show.

You started school in January. I was worried about you being gone so long, but you did great. The first few weeks were rough, but by the end you were asking to go see Ms. Dana.

You are a little chatterbox. You talk all the time. It took you a long time to start talking, but once you did, it wasn't long before you were talking in full sentences. You say great things like "Mom, I cut your head off!"

You're bossy, you will stand at the foot of the stairs and yell for the boys- "BOYS, DINNER!! 123!!!"

You love to wash your hands and play in the sink. Someone gave you a toy sink, and that has been the greatest gift ever.

You like things to be clean and neat, and go out of your way to keep things that way.

You love to read, you have favorite books, and you're insistent that we read those books on a daily basis.

You still love music and dancing, you would prefer to listen to the Trolls movie soundtrack or the Frozen soundtrack 24/7. I am hoping this is the year that we put you in dance classes.

You got a plasma car for christmas and you know how to use it and keep up with your brothers. You also learned to use a scooter, big wheel, and balance bike this year- you're mobile!

You love all things pink, purple, and sparkly. You like to have both your fingernails and your toes painted, but you don't like to wear dresses unless you have shorts underneath.

You still aren't sure about "girly things".  You think dolls are fascinating, but you prefer to play with cars, trains, and ninjas. I think this is the year that you discover "girl games".

You love to dress up- whether you dress up like Elsa, an astronaut, or one of your brothers, you are happiest in costumes.

Your favorite clothes are the ones that used to belong to the boys.

You are independent at the park these days and are insistent that I not help you.

You love your dad, lately, you've been requesting he put your to bed.

You requested a unicorn cake for your birthday. Your face when you saw the cake was totally worth it. You loved how it looked and how it tasted.

You may be my most picky eater yet, you are quiet about it, but you would prefer to eat corndogs, strawberries, and fruit snacks and that is about it.

You are the missing piece in our family. I keep waiting for the boys to get tired of you, but they haven't, that are just excited to see you now as they were the day they met your at the hospital. You are the perfect mellowing factor we needed in our family.

We love you Gracie, we can't wait to see you grow this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea