Genius Idea

So I have this idea, I think it is brilliant, and I am really hoping someone reads this and 1. tells me someone has already done it and where I can access it, or 2. someone steals my idea and does it close enough to me that again I can access it.

Ok so here is the idea, first let me describe the situation. You are a parent with small children and it is a cold/hot/rainy/snowy/windy day/, someone is contagious/your kid fell asleep in the car/your kids are having a meltdown and taking them out of the car and struggling with the 5 point harness might kill both of you and you need milk from the grocery store. Normally you would try and get it at a better time, send a spouse, live without, etc, but you can't because you need milk (or bread or eggs, pick an essential item), so you have an internal debate... am I going to risk it, am I going to pull them out of the car, run in, find the item, wait in line, and come back and struggle to get everyone back in or are we going to live without milk... okay here is where my genius idea comes in... a drive thru grocery store, or a drive thru at an existing grocery store that sells just a few items: milk, eggs, bread, maybe bananas, and diapers. Only one brand, only gallons of milk, only whole, 2%, 1%, and skim, no almond, lactose free, rice milk, 1 dozen eggs, 2 types of bread white and whole wheat, and one brand of diapers in all the sizes.  It would have a drive thru menu like McDonalds, but instead of a variety of options there would be 5, you place your order, someone hands you your gallons of milk/eggs/etc and you drive home... with less screaming. I think it is genius. Obviously I am in the minority as I havent ever seen a place like this or a drive up window at a grocery store. I think I would be willing to pay a bit extra (some days ) for milk so I didnt have to get out of the car during the meltdown or sick moments. I think I would be willing to drive a bit out of the way (not much), if on those really rough milk essential days I had an option other than fighting with Michael the whole way- i'd wait in a drive thru line. The drive thru pharmacy at CVS has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion- cant they just start selling overpriced milk too?

Oh and I think they should give you lollipops with every purchase, you know how at christmastime bank drive thrus sometimes have mini-candycanes, like that. That way the kids are thrilled and silent all the way home. Were the lollipops too much? I was only half joking about them...

Comments

  1. I love all the ideas. And YES I have had those moments and thoughts before...just wishing I didn't have to unbuckle all four kids. Oh, how a drive thru in this instance would be WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a totally brilliant idea! They make vending machines that sell high-end electronics, they should be able to create a drive-thru grocery store. OR - maybe curbside service where you can call in your list like a take-out restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some grocery stores in Seattle that have home delivery. The fee is even waved if you spend a certain amount of money (I think $20). You order online or from an app on your phone and they deliver to your office or home same day. Don't know that it would help in this situation or not. I wonder if it will ever catch on in Utah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!