"Real CHIP!!!!!!!"

As mentioned in previous posts we got Michael a play kitchen for christmas and some food to go with it. Most of the food looks realistic but fake enough that even an 18 month old can tell the difference (usually the item is just smaller than the real version), but there are a couple of things that are tricky- namely the chips. First off, not sure why the fake food company included chips, come on teach kids  healthy eating habits (okay I could have bought the significantly more expensive wooden healthy version), and even more than that I am not sure why I didnt remove the chips and throw them in the trash where they belong before giving the set to him but whatever I didnt. Anyway so there are three chips (maybe just 2 now) that look almost exactly like Pringles. Mikey has never had Pringles so he doesnt know that but he does know they are chips (I told him). Because these chips are just the right size for someone his age and just the right thickness that one might think they could actually eat them he has been trying... a lot. He comes running and says things like "Mommy, chip hurt teeth" or "Mommy chip yucky", but keeps trying. The other day we had some chips on the counter (not sure why) and after yet another rendition of "mommy chip hurt teeth" I asked him if he wanted a real chip. He was apprehensive at first, but when he found out the chip was flavored and edible he was a fan. Every once in awhile he will run to me from whatever he is doing and say "Mommy, real CHIP!!!!!" he is very excited about the prospect of a real chips. So he gets between 1 and 3 real chips a day and the fake chips have lost their appeal... now I think I can trash them without too many tears.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds