A "Deliteful" Day
A “Deliteful” Day
In order to understand this story you need to know a few
things.
1. I have this friend who has a little boy about Mikey’s age
(well really two children but one is in school) and we spend a lot of time
together.
2. The boys get along really well considering their ages,
3. Every week we try and participate in 2 of the three
activities: storytime, music time, and playgroup. We usually make it to music
time and storytime (they are the boys’ two favorites).
4. Every week after storytime the boys beg (yes beg, and yes
they know enough words to beg) to stop for “tacos!” and “agada!” (ice cream).
Now that you have the background let’s get started. On
Thursday, we decided to go to the grocery store and Target. Target was more for
fun because all the clothes/shoes were on clearance and we do love some good
clearance shopping (some day I may get out of this but not in the foreseeable future,
I am just too cheap, that’s right). We went to both stores and then decided
that because storytime was cancelled until next week (we were pretty
devastated) we would have tacos that day. The boys love the tacos, we don’t hate
it, and they hadn’t been in a few weeks. Tacos are kind of a tradition… it is a
cheap kid friendly place, the food is pretty good (I mean it is an american
taco place… so you get what they have) and it is okay if the boys are loud, oh
and they have free ice cream… really the selling point.
Anyway we get to Taco
Delite (try it if you live near it, your kids will like it) and take the boys
out of the car and they are so excited. By this point they are both yelling “tacos!”.
I go to pick Mikey up… and guess what, he is wet… I thought maybe he had
spilled his milk… no. I lifted him up to inspect and no he had peed through his
diaper, so we had to change him. I should also mention that it was freezing,
and windy (have you ever felt the winter wind across the Texas praire.. yeah).
So I pull off the wet clothes and whip out a diaper, all the while poor mikey
is freezing with his bum facing the wind. All this time my friend is laughing
uncontrollably, I mean having a good ole time. We get him changed (luckily one
of my Target purchases was a new pair of pants for Mikey), and head in. By now
I am a little flustered. Oh I should mention there was some pooping while he
was hanging out in the wind (poor guy!). We get in, get ready to order, oh and
we have been there enough that the people know us and ask why my friend is
laughing her head off. We get to the head of the line and she starts screaming,
and RUNNING to the restroom. This is the point where I should mention that they
are potty training… that’s right, karma.
So the Taco Delite people still thinks we are nuts, we all
lived through all the peeing, had a Deliteful time, and I ordered a drink. Yeah
that’s right, a popping pink lemonade made my day a bit better.

I love these days and remember so many when my kids were young. Good for you to write them down.
ReplyDelete