Staying in the Picture
My sister-in-law wrote a darling post about staying in the picture the other day, inspired by this article and it got me thinking, well first looking. First off the premise of both her post and the article is that moms need to be in the family pictures too. They need to step out from behind the camera even if they feel they are a bit soft around the middle, have been too busy to shower, and generally think they look yucky. So I started looking through our photos, there are a TON of photos of Mikey by himself, lots of Mikey and Brian, but just a few of me and Mikey. So this week I have tried to make and effort that when I pull out the camera to try and get in the picture too. This hasnt been super successful, most of the pictures have ended with Mikey crying because we are trying to stop him from doing something dangerous to take a picture (those will be posted later), and some have just had the tops of our heads (not so good at the photography thing in general let alone holding a camera out while trying to keep mikey from getting it), but yesterday I used my computer and we got a few. They arent glamour shots, they havent been edited, the lighting is off, we look like it is 3 in the afternoon, but I agree with the article, someday when Mikey is big and wont talk to me because I am his "lame mom" we will have these photos to look at, and even when he likes me again we will still have the photos to remember what a sweet guy he was. Oh and did I mention these pictures will probably be great entertainment someday, I mean really in 20 years I am sure we will look back and think, "seriously? those were the styles? you spend money to look like that?". I know that my siblings and I have greatly enjoyed the family photos and videos of my parents in the early 90's- you know the big glasses, poofy hair, acid wash jeans, neon- wow those were good days. I can just see it now, "Mom what were you thinking? You're hair used to be brown? Dad had hair?" wow. so this week I am trying to stay in a few pictures, even though I hate photos and it is tough to take them... if only for the entertainment value in 20 years.



Comments
Post a Comment