Baby Zach is Here!
Baby Zach is here!
Zachary Henry
December 16, 2013
8:41am
6lbs 14oz
20.5 inches
Sweet guy, he seems so tiny compared to Michael, and so so tiny compared to how big Michael is now. I think he looks a little bit like Michael, especially his mouth. He has less hair and his eyelashes are lighter, but he is still adorable. I know he has the newborn grey eyes for now, but they look lighter than the pictures of Michael at the same age. I am curious to see what he ends up looking like in a few weeks!
The three boys. I can't believe we have two boys!
We have to have one token labor picture. And as there is only one this is the one that gets posted. More on the labor later, but let's just say I wasn't loving life at this moment, waiting for the doctor to arrive was the longest half hour of my life, but we made it so yay!
So these are out of order, but this is Zach right after he was born. He was very quiet. He cried initially, but after a minute he calmed down. I think Michael did the same thing, they just seemed curios about what was happening to them.
See calm. He does have hair, but much less than Michael did. When I look at him I almost think he is bald because Michael just had so much hair.
His measurements, I think. At this point Brian was with him and I was getting stitched up so I am not entirely sure what was happening.
No crying just stretching. This seems funny to me since he was always all stretched out before coming, but I guess in reality there is more room in the real world and to some extent he must have been a bit crowded.
This photo looks so much like his brother to me. See. It's probably just that he has a puffy face and the eye drops.
Right after his bath (I think). Brian went with him to the bath, he said he was pretty happy on the warmer which I could see since he seems to like to be really really warm.
Here he is during or before the bath... sorry about the order of these pictures. but he is still really cute. Because he came so fast his head was perfectly shaped. No funny cone head like Mikey.
Super man baby!
He is long and skinny. I would imagine he will fatten up pretty quick though.
Meeting Mikey. I thought Mikey might have trouble with him, and I am sure those days are yet to come, but initially he was so excited. Zach was in the nursery when Mikey arrived and he was so impatient he wanted to see him. And zach seems so tiny in comparison. I know Mikey is a big guy but wow the difference is shocking.
Last time we took pictures right after the baby was born, this time I don't know what happened with that, I think it was all the stitches. So here we are after baths and a nap... still tired but much happier.
My two sweet boys... yes there are two of them. I am not sure if I can handle that. And yes that is a look of pure terror on my face... two boys, I am responsible for two crazy munchkins now!See it is sinking in... there are two of them! I am excited but wow the idea that there are two of them is a bit overwhelming to me. I am sure all mothers feel that way, but it didn't hit me until we were taking this picture and I was trying got hold two of them.
Brian and Zach. Because I took so long to get stitched up (more on that later) Brian got to spend the first 30 or so minutes with Zach and it was adorable to watch them. He was so sweet to talk to him and cuddle him. I think he was more comfortable with Zach than Mikey at first, since you know it is the second time and he knows how to hold a baby, and he is so good with crazy Mikey.
He looks tired too, it was a long 24 hours.
I love this picture, he seems to be asking Brian a question about his brother. I hope the three of them have lots of fun adventures together in the years to come.
Our family... there are 4 of us... I still can't believe it. Can you believe how much Brian and Michael look alike? Especially with their unplanned matching shirts? I wonder if Zach will look just like them too...
I love how Chick Hicks and the poppy pillow not only made their way to the hospital but into the picture. I didn't even notice they were here until he brought them out into the picture. Funny Mikey.
Love that poppy pillow is front and center. Thanks dad, he loves it, and let's face it poppy pillow is like the 5th member of our family.






That is so exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Ash. I'm SO sorry you had to get stitches. That means recover is THAT much worse. I'm waiting for your labor and delivery story!! Zach is adorable. He looks like a little man. Yes, he seems bald now compared to Mikey and Andrew. But what a CUTE superman baby he is. I agree, I can't wait for more pictures, each day they change. I feel that same way about Andrew. He keeps changing! Ahhh, I wish we lived closer. I would love to come see him. I bet your family is SUPER excited to be with you these holidays. I'm totally jealous. I wish we all lived close by! Either way, I can't wait to chat about our babies. Congrats!!!! Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteExciting times for the Sukers... glad you all are doing well. I know it must be exhausting and rewarding all at once.
ReplyDeleteExciting times for the Sukers. Im sure it is exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. Happy gor you Ashley
ReplyDeleteOh, so sweet! You all look so great.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!!! It is so crazy how big the older one seems after the new one is born, it is freaky. Uhh, so many stitches? Can't wait to hear this story... and happy healing? Ha, well hang in there! :)
ReplyDelete