Sweet Baby Zach

 I thought I should post just a little bit about sweet Zach so far. First off, he is the sweetest baby I have ever met. Clearly I am biased, but I think his personality is so sweet and laid back. His eyes are rarely open, unless you are changing his diaper in which case he is screaming, and when he is awake he just makes happy sounds and looks around. This is so different from Michael who has not liked sleep from day 1. Zach on the other hand loves to sleep, especially when he is swaddled tight (in 2 blankets) and held. He does not like to be put down, and he does not like to be the slightest bit cold- sad for a December baby. He is an ok eater, he gets the concept but likes to take lots of breaks and fall asleep. It took Michael 30 minutes to eat, Zach will take an hour if you let him. He prefers that you remain ready and available to feed him while he sleeps on your lap until he is ready for more- slightly frustrating but he is just so sweet you can’t help but want to cuddle him. Second, Zach is slightly less uptight than Michael (or his parents), I think he will be good for us. He seems willing to go with the flow- unless of course that means you put him down or leave him… in which case he whimpers and sometimes cries. He seems less concerned with what is going on around him than Michael did so that is a great thing. Michael is super curious and busy… sadly I think I can only handle one of those so I am so grateful for a laid back child, I really really hope he stays that way. Brian and I keep joking that we got our Jake, because my nephew Jake is the second child and just so sweet.


Michael has been adjusting well (I think) to his brother. Granted the first week he had Daddy home and now he has “my Emmy”. I think he will have a harder time when it is just us again, but for now he is ok. He hasn’t tried to pick Zach up, but he has given lots of kisses and likes to pat his head. He has already tried to get Zach to play with him, donating his second best toy to the cause. He seems worried when Zach cries and rushes up to him saying “Baby Zach I’m here, I’m here!”. He likes to  tell me that I have two boys and that I need to cuddle both boys.  There have been some moments of frustration when I have to help Zach and he wants something but all in all I think he has handled this well for being 2 and a half.

Both boys were sitting on my bed yesterday and I took a few photos. I still don't think they look alike, and I can't tell who Zach looks like, but they are sweet boys!


 I know they don't smile this early but I am pretending they do. Isn't he sweet! I think his face is getting chubbier already.





 Mikey thought Zach needed a kids. Unfortunately, Michael is sick so I think he got snot all over Zach. We are hoping that breastfeeding really does boost their immune systems and that Zach stays healthy despite the germs in our house right now.
 He likes to pat Zach's cheeks, I am not sure why, but luckily Zach is ok with it.




 Michael decided Zach needed to play with him and he gave him an airplane, sadly Zach can't play yet, but Michael seemed to be ok with it as long as Zach held the plane on his tummy.


Comments

  1. Yes he has such a sweet face!!! I love those pictures on the blanket. Love them. I hope you have received your "jake" boy! Every family needs just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smiley one is so adorable. I'm glad he's here, healthy, and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds