18 months!
Mr. Michael turned 18 months today. At the risk of sounding cliche I must admit that I cannot believe it has been that long. Although the other day as we were driving in our sweet minivan I had the thought what if were still working at PwC right now and I almost had a panic attack (ok not really), not sure I am cut our for that kind of stuff anymore.
Anyway, his stats:
Weight: 29lbs 4.5 oz (90th percentile)
Height: 34 3/4 inches (97th-off the charts)
Head: 19 1/4 inches (75th percentile)
He is still huge. Now I feel justified when I get to the end of the day and my back hurts from holding him, although I will say I think lifting him is doing more for me than working out would... mostly cause I wouldnt work out.
Anyway a few fun things about Mikey
He still LOVES baths, if he could take 3 a day that still wouldnt be enough
He still loves owls and can point them out in a variety of shapes and sizes.
He loves books, loves them. Some of his current favorites are The Very Hungry Caterpillar ("Pillar"), Goodnight Moon ("Moon"), Amazing Airplanes, Good Night Owl, Owl Babies, Dr. Seuss ABC ("ABD"), and Go Dog Go (the edited board book version).
He loves going to music time and storytime, and nursery with the "KIDS!".
His favorite little friend is Cooper, though they just play near each other not together yet.
He likes to stack things.
He loves to "color color!" and do stickers, he stacks the stickers which seems funny to me.
He likes his play kitchen, particularly the salt shakers.
He loves to be outside, would go to the park in all kinds of weather, and cant get enough of the slide, swings, or sandbox in our backyard.
He loves to sing. He is awesome at "The Wheels on the Bus", he does the actions and at the end of the verse sings "all TOWN!". His favorite verse is the babies on the bus, but he has some skills with the wheels action. He also loves to sing "Do As I"m Doing" with jumping as the action, and yes mommy has to jump too.
His current favorite song is the BYU fight song, love that I am not joking about that and he cannot get enough of the video below. We may have a future Cougar on our hands- GO BYU!
It seems like he learns 5 new words a day, I am sure that is an exaggeration but the kid is a sponge and his vocabulary has exploded. Some of his current favorite words and phrases are "Mommy, Kitty meanie!, Meanie Kitty meow!", "Mommy Walk!, Mommy Sit!", "Hungy hungy, pop pop!" "Again!" (after any time you sing a song or read him a book), "aag a dah" (ice cream), "Mommy, Daddy work", "Amena!" (Amen), "broccoli" (this one he says correctly), "Funny!", "Phone, Poppy, Gammy, O Muggle, Emmy!, Computer!" (how he asks to call my family), "Mommy, bug! fast!", "ready?", "Get it!", "Read it!", and my favorite "Hug Hug!". He says a ton more but these are some that stick out this week.
He likes to throw balls, especially near the cat because then they both chase them. He gets ready to throw the ball says "ready!', throws it and says "get it!".
He loves CJ, he loves to chase her all over the house and most of the time I think she likes playing with him, though he has gotten scratched a few (too many) times.
He has a love hate relationship with food. Rarely will he eat meat, but he enjoys hummus (he wouldnt survive without it), cheese, yogurt, milk (some days), broccoli, oranges, eggs, crackers, blueberries, blackberries, spinach, carrots, squash, rice, brown rice, quinoa, and tortilla soup.
His favorite restaurant is Taco Delite, particularly after storytime with Cooper, they start chanting "Taco, Ice Cream!" as we leave the library parking lot.
He doesnt love naps but he takes them now.
He is starting to exert his independence and all I can say is he got the independent and fiery genes from both sides and we are in for a treat or our just desserts whichever way you choose to look at them.
He is starting to show an interest in the potty, and loves to shut doors.
He hates time outs but understands when you ask if he needs one.
He is just a sweet little giant, what we would do without our sweet Mikey!


Well after not thinking you had posted dates forever, I realized you had a new blog!!! So much reading. I can't believe how much he talks!!! Ben is our mute kid. He's got nothing. Cute. Video tape him so we can hear him!
ReplyDelete