Happy 5th Birthday Zach Attack!
Dear Zach or Sassafrass as I prefer to call you,
This has been a challenging year. I know I said it last year too, but man you are a HANDFUL! I am amazed how every day you turn the smallest thing into a fight. No really, you have a fighter's spirit my sweet son. If there is something you are passionate about (and there are a LOT OF THINGS) then you are willing to fight tooth and nail for it. This can be as simple as fighting with your brother over a lego arm (I wish I was kidding) or fighting with a big kid you think has somehow endangered Grace. I hope that you are able to put this energy to good use some day. I could see you fighting to end childhood asthma, bring running water to underserved communities, or fight political injustice around the globe. Please channel this energy for good- you can do amazing things!
You love Grace. You claim to dislike Michael, but I think deep down you're just annoyed he thinks he's too cool for you. But Ace, you love her. You rush out of your classroom during the school day to hug her, talk to her in a baby voice, and constantly ask her who her best friend is. There are few people that can calm
you down like Ace. I hope the two of you stay best friends as you grow up and that occasionally you let Michael join your elite club.
This year you discovered that not only can you annoy Michael, but that you can also bully him and get Grace to help. This has been a very traumatic discovery. Michael spends a lot of time in tears and you spend a lot of time laughing at the reaction. I hope you grow out of this soon.
You love love love school. You moved up to the KinderBridge class this and spend most of your time in a classroom full of boys. I have to pick you up and remove you from the classroom to get you to come home in the afternoon. You love show and tell, reading, math time, recess, and hanging out with the other kids. I hope that you love kindergarten as much.
You played baseball this year, learned to swim without floaties, and will play basketball on your brother's team this winter.
You have been obessesed with getting a "green guitar from HEB" for your birthday for MONTHS. I hope that you love it as much as you think you will.
You still enjoy things to be neat and tidy and I love that about you. You clean your room before bed most nights, and have attempted to organize your lego chaos.
You still love pup pup and froggy and have yet to spend a night away from them. Most of the time you seem like such a big kid, but not at night. I love that you've kept these things and maintained an attachment as you've gotten older.
You love to read and be read too. You aren't reading on your own yet, but you are excellent at identifying sight words, using word families, pointing out the letters. You can count to 100 no problem, do basic math problems, and color inside the lines. Your teach loves to tell me that she thinks you're too advanced, I'm not sure she knows you're the youngest in class.
You are extremely shy. You don't like meeting new people, or finding yourself in new situations. I am worried about kindergarten, but my hope is you're more adaptable than I give you credit for.
You recently dropped your naps... It's been a pretty rough 3 weeks as we've made that transition. You more than anyone I know needs your sleep.
You're such a funny person. The other day we sent Aunt Kristin a video message and you dropped your pants to flash her... You love to get a reaction out of people, the louder the scream the better.
We love you Zach. You love your feistiness, your passion, your enthusiasm, your curiosity, and the way you see the world.
Happy birthday Feisty Man!
This has been a challenging year. I know I said it last year too, but man you are a HANDFUL! I am amazed how every day you turn the smallest thing into a fight. No really, you have a fighter's spirit my sweet son. If there is something you are passionate about (and there are a LOT OF THINGS) then you are willing to fight tooth and nail for it. This can be as simple as fighting with your brother over a lego arm (I wish I was kidding) or fighting with a big kid you think has somehow endangered Grace. I hope that you are able to put this energy to good use some day. I could see you fighting to end childhood asthma, bring running water to underserved communities, or fight political injustice around the globe. Please channel this energy for good- you can do amazing things!
You love Grace. You claim to dislike Michael, but I think deep down you're just annoyed he thinks he's too cool for you. But Ace, you love her. You rush out of your classroom during the school day to hug her, talk to her in a baby voice, and constantly ask her who her best friend is. There are few people that can calm
you down like Ace. I hope the two of you stay best friends as you grow up and that occasionally you let Michael join your elite club.
This year you discovered that not only can you annoy Michael, but that you can also bully him and get Grace to help. This has been a very traumatic discovery. Michael spends a lot of time in tears and you spend a lot of time laughing at the reaction. I hope you grow out of this soon.
You love love love school. You moved up to the KinderBridge class this and spend most of your time in a classroom full of boys. I have to pick you up and remove you from the classroom to get you to come home in the afternoon. You love show and tell, reading, math time, recess, and hanging out with the other kids. I hope that you love kindergarten as much.
You played baseball this year, learned to swim without floaties, and will play basketball on your brother's team this winter.
You have been obessesed with getting a "green guitar from HEB" for your birthday for MONTHS. I hope that you love it as much as you think you will.
You still enjoy things to be neat and tidy and I love that about you. You clean your room before bed most nights, and have attempted to organize your lego chaos.
You still love pup pup and froggy and have yet to spend a night away from them. Most of the time you seem like such a big kid, but not at night. I love that you've kept these things and maintained an attachment as you've gotten older.
You love to read and be read too. You aren't reading on your own yet, but you are excellent at identifying sight words, using word families, pointing out the letters. You can count to 100 no problem, do basic math problems, and color inside the lines. Your teach loves to tell me that she thinks you're too advanced, I'm not sure she knows you're the youngest in class.
You are extremely shy. You don't like meeting new people, or finding yourself in new situations. I am worried about kindergarten, but my hope is you're more adaptable than I give you credit for.
You recently dropped your naps... It's been a pretty rough 3 weeks as we've made that transition. You more than anyone I know needs your sleep.
You're such a funny person. The other day we sent Aunt Kristin a video message and you dropped your pants to flash her... You love to get a reaction out of people, the louder the scream the better.
We love you Zach. You love your feistiness, your passion, your enthusiasm, your curiosity, and the way you see the world.
Happy birthday Feisty Man!



Comments
Post a Comment