It's Great to Be 8 Michael!
Happy Birthday Mr. Michael,
I can't believe that you are 8 already. I'm not sure I can accept that both you and I are this old already.
You are growing up to be such a fun kid. You've recently decided that you might not want to be a chemist, but instead would prefer to be an astrophysicist. Yep, I'm not really sure what to do with that. I'm sure you will do exciting things and I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
You did a great job with our move from Texas to Georgia. You miss your Texas friends a lot but you've taken it in stride. You've found new friends in every situation we've put you in and I'm so proud of you!You've gotten more into sports this year. You're turning out to be quite the baseball player, I'm still shocked you can hit that little ball. Your fielding has greatly improved, and you know how to make plays! I'm pretty impressed and I love watching your games. You've improved your basketball skills and had a great season last winter. You keep asking when you can play again, and I don't think November can come fast enough for you! You continued swim this year, and while your team wasn't everything we hoped it would be, you dropped time and improved your technique dramatically.
You've become significantly more responsible this year. You still have moments when you don't realize what you're doing, but your've made a huge effort to be responsible for yourself and it's awesome! It's great to see you go from little kid to big kid.You have a pre tween attitude. While I find the attitude annoying, I also just want to chuckle. It's pretty funny. I think that I might have great fun with this in the coming years.
You're pretty sure that you're right and the rest of us are... Not. It's funny to me and Dad, but enraging to Zach. You and Zach spend a lot of time fighting these days. Im hoping that is just a temporary thing.
You still love to be read to, and we finished all the Percy Jackson books this year. I think in your perfect world you would be practicing sports while listening to an audiobook. You've yet to meet an audiobook you didn't love and try and carry your disc-man everywhere you go.
Sleep still isn't your thing. I found you awake at 4 am this morning. 4am, yes it is insane. You didn't seem to think this was an issue.You love math and science and are looking forward to learning your multiplication tables this year.

You love to draw and do not NOT love it when other people try and draw with you. You view "art" as a solitary activity.You love Pokemon right now. You've read the Pokemon guide at least 5 times, but I catch you flipping through it most days. You've started collecting the cards, and assure me this is something the Georgia kids do.
You're a fish, if there's ever an opportunity to get in a pool you take it. Georgia has cooler weather, but that hasn't stopped your love of swimming.
You finally eat all the foods! There's no more fake throwing up at dinner- you just eat it, or politely move it aside- this is wonderful.
We love you Mr. Michael, you are an excellent oldest child, a great example for your brother and sister, and so fun to hang out with.

Comments
Post a Comment