Throwing Up... not my favorite.

If we’ve met you probably know that I have absolutely zero tolerance for throw up. I am not one of those people that has a weak stomach and throws up too, I just get… well angry. There is something about throwing up, especially other people throwing up that ticks me off. I wish I could put my finger on what it is, because clearly this isn’t my best quality. I wont watch movies with throwing up (the 6th sense about killed me), I don’t like to go places where people throw up, and when people are sick I am not the nice person that brings them juice and a cool wash cloth, I am the person that asks them to vomit quietly and demands they clean up after themselves before leaving the bathroom. So as you can imagine sick kids… well this is a nightmare for me. I was thinking the other night, around 1am, that we had been so lucky, in Michael’s 16 months we had had very few throw up incidents… then around 4:30am he woke up screaming. I went in and checked on him and he was fine, no throw up, just scared or so I thought. But he wouldn’t go back to sleep for long stretches after that, and I thought I heard him throw up, but because I had been lying in bed counting my chickens long before they hatched I thought I was dreaming… and then I went in to get him this morning, and let’s just say I wasn’t dreaming. Yes not my best mothering moment or couple of hours. The throw up continued throughout the day, there were puddles throughout the house, and I had to change my clothes (because I was the human throw up shield) several times. I didn’t scream, didn’t get mad, and didn’t demand that he mop up the vomit, so I would say I am growing but let me just tell you I am crossing my fingers and toes that there is no throwing up around here for a bit. 

In the midst of the vomiting we watched a lot of Super Why (remember the previous post) and took more than one bath. At one point I stripped him down and dropped him in the sink to hose him off, and well we stayed a bit. I added some bubbles, toys, and of course Super Why. He was happy as a clam, no really, ti was one of the best parts of his day.  

See loving it. 

 Super Why, a Christmas tree, and duckies, this was a good day, minus the vomiting.
 Cant tear himself away from "Why!"
 Poor guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds