Kids' Shows
So... Mikey has an interest in tv. We arent going down the road of what bad parents we are that he likes tv let alone has preferences on shows... not today anyway, and I am just throwing it out there that he watches maybe 15 minutes a day if that.
Anyway so he has a few favorite shows... all of which are stupid, some worse than others. One of my very favorite (haha) is Thomas and Friends. I am just going to say that I dont like Thomas and Friends, the voices are annoying, and the old version trains are scary, but my like or dislike of the show isnt the point. If you have ever watched the show you have noticed that the engines have personalities... okay fine, but here's the thing, not only do they have personalities but they also have drivers. Let me explain, the trains make decisions, sometimes (usually) bad decisions, they disobey orders, create chaos, make people cross, and are generally NOT useful, and the drivers do... nothing. This irritates me, yes irritates me more than talking trains, why wouldnt the drivers stop them! Why wouldnt the driver say "no Thomas we have to do our jobs not deliver flowers to the quarry to cheer up Mavis", instead he does nothing and allows Thomas to create confusion and delay! Clearly the drivers need to be canned as they are doing... well nothing.
The other show... is Curious George. To be honest I like this one much better than some of the others, but still it does bring up a few questions. First being, am I the only one that sees that George is a monkey? Everyone treats George like a kid, even a responsible kid. The man with the yellow hat sends him to the grocery store, leave him home alone, generally trusts him like you would a person, and no one ever thinks this is strange. The store clerks understand him, help him, and seem to think a monkey walking into their place of business is normal. Again I ask, am I the only one that thinks George is a monkey? Second question, why does no one think it is strange that this middle aged man lives with a monkey? Maybe it is just me, probably just me.
I havent let him watch Yo Gabba Gabba (is that how you spell it) or anything Elmo yet, just too irritating for him to get stuck on!
So i have to ask, is it just me or the writers of kids' shows just think that no one will care or notice the crummy writing and unbelievable plots.
Anyway so he has a few favorite shows... all of which are stupid, some worse than others. One of my very favorite (haha) is Thomas and Friends. I am just going to say that I dont like Thomas and Friends, the voices are annoying, and the old version trains are scary, but my like or dislike of the show isnt the point. If you have ever watched the show you have noticed that the engines have personalities... okay fine, but here's the thing, not only do they have personalities but they also have drivers. Let me explain, the trains make decisions, sometimes (usually) bad decisions, they disobey orders, create chaos, make people cross, and are generally NOT useful, and the drivers do... nothing. This irritates me, yes irritates me more than talking trains, why wouldnt the drivers stop them! Why wouldnt the driver say "no Thomas we have to do our jobs not deliver flowers to the quarry to cheer up Mavis", instead he does nothing and allows Thomas to create confusion and delay! Clearly the drivers need to be canned as they are doing... well nothing.
The other show... is Curious George. To be honest I like this one much better than some of the others, but still it does bring up a few questions. First being, am I the only one that sees that George is a monkey? Everyone treats George like a kid, even a responsible kid. The man with the yellow hat sends him to the grocery store, leave him home alone, generally trusts him like you would a person, and no one ever thinks this is strange. The store clerks understand him, help him, and seem to think a monkey walking into their place of business is normal. Again I ask, am I the only one that thinks George is a monkey? Second question, why does no one think it is strange that this middle aged man lives with a monkey? Maybe it is just me, probably just me.
I havent let him watch Yo Gabba Gabba (is that how you spell it) or anything Elmo yet, just too irritating for him to get stuck on!
So i have to ask, is it just me or the writers of kids' shows just think that no one will care or notice the crummy writing and unbelievable plots.
Comments
Post a Comment