7 pounds

I don't usually discuss weight on my blog, but I need to have a little discussion about it today. Let me preface by saying I am NOT pregnant, now that I have cleared that up, I need to gain 7 pounds... I do, 7 pounds, that's the goal. Here's the thing, I am not entirely sure how to go about doing that. I don't lead a totally unhealthy lifestyle but unlike many people I don't particularly enjoy exercise. I am a busy person, well I dont know that busy is the right word but I spend a good portion of my time chasing, lifting, spinning, or carrying a 19 month old around. I am never going to go for a run or go to the gym, might help my heart but aint gonna happen (sad that I spent so much time learning about health) I do walk with Mikey in the stroller (weather permitting) for about a mile each day at a brisk (ish) pace, and I do try and eat relatively healthy, but I will be the first to admit that two crunchy tacos are not a problem for me. I don't shy away from sweets or milkshakes (I don't eat them that frequently, but on the occasion that I do I dont feel an ounce of guilt), I dont buy lowfat cause I want to lose weight (I buy it cause they are out of regular), I don't avoid carbs (though I think bread is gross), and I don't actually know what to change at this point. I was informed that 5-7 pounds (leading more towards 10) was the goal, so I need some tips. How can I can 7 pounds in a healthy and safe way without skipping out on my life and eating 3 big macs a day, cause I dont think I can realistically keep that up long term. No seriously 7 pounds, help is required.

Comments

  1. One word: butter. seriously. We have this issue with my daughter, so google "calorie packing" or "power packing" (careful, some sites are for body builders...), and you'll find (mostly) healthy ideas for packing calories into your meals. Carnation Instant Breakfast and whole milk are good friends here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you mine! :) Done and done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come hang down here in INDIO with us and you will be wishing you didn't gain 10 lbs. with us! We know how to eat well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can come lift with me, not positive it would work but it would build muscle and muscle weighs more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!