Score: Mikey: 17, Mommy: 0
Lately we have been having a bit of a problem, Michael will NOT sleep in his own room. Since we got back from our trip to California this has been a bit of an issue, getting increasingly worse as each day passes, due I am sure to me giving in. This is how it goes, we start the bedtime routine (or nap) as usual, we read the stories, say the prayers, sing the songs. I deposit him in his bed (usual some of the singing and books happen there) and then leave, and then he screams... for hours. Literally hours. Last night I left his room around 705, he screamed until 9, without stopping. I stayed until he fell asleep, and I had to hold his hand the entire time. He finally passed out and stayed that way until 1017... at which point we tried again, and that didnt go well. Finally I let him sleep in my room (in the pack n play). Then after an hour or so I moved him to his room, and at 2:33am he woke up screaming and was moved to my room permanently, mostly cause I was over it. He did this on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights as well, going to bed around 1:30am instead of 7pm. Oh and here is the kicker when asked where he is going to sleep he responds quite emphatically, "Mommy room". and when you go to see what all the screaming is about he is waiting at his door hold his pillow and when the door is opened just a crack he makes a run for Mommy's room. The other kicker (yes in this case there are two) when he is put in the pack n play in Mommy's room he points to my bed and says "Mommy big bed, Mikey little bed, night night" and then goes to sleep... and sleeps... peacefully...until morning or until you move him to his room and he realizes he has been moved. Mommy's room is not more fun, there isnt a night light, there is not a show (not that there is in his room either), there are no books, no stuffed animals, and no bedtime songs. The lights are off and there is sleeping. So I am at a loss about what to do. I think that this partially started because when we were in california he slept in a pack n play in the same room as me, but now we are home, and he has a nice room, and a comfy bed, and he needs to sleep in it again.
oh and this same super fun activity has extended to naptime, he will eventually sleep but only in Mommy room. No seriously the sobbing has been so bad that he has made himself throw up. During the day he isnt more attached to me, he doesnt seem to be scared to sleep in his room, he just seems not to want to, and he is pretty serious about not wanting to.
So advice, because as hilarious as this is... i am ready for it to end, a couple of days ago.
oh and this same super fun activity has extended to naptime, he will eventually sleep but only in Mommy room. No seriously the sobbing has been so bad that he has made himself throw up. During the day he isnt more attached to me, he doesnt seem to be scared to sleep in his room, he just seems not to want to, and he is pretty serious about not wanting to.
So advice, because as hilarious as this is... i am ready for it to end, a couple of days ago.
Comments
Post a Comment