California So Far
We were lucky enough that our trip to CA overlapped with the Utah cousins' trip to CA. Mikey and drove to see them at the awesome hotel. Thanks Jared, Di, Randy, and Mary for letting us come stay the night!
I didnt get many pictures, we were too busy having fun, but we have a few to document that we at least made it. Mikey, Ben, and Caleb enjoyed dropping things off the 3rd floor balcony... and watching me go get it. Not a fun game.
Despite what this picture may show I think Mikey had a good time with his cousins. At some point Ben and Mikey emptied the cupboards and starting using them as a fort, everything was fine and dandy until we took away the snacks.
These two guys are only 4 months apart, but they could not be more different. It will be fun to watch them grow up and see if they develop one or two similarities.
Mikey loved watching the kids at the pool. Not nearly as much as he enjoyed jumping in the pool, swimming, floating, etc. I think this summer is going to be fun!
So Mikey is a fan of hummus, his cousins looked at him like he was a nut, who would pass up mac and cheese in favor of chick peas? Mikey!
These two were a fan of milk, Mikey asked for it and Ben squawked for it. They traded them back and forth, begged for more, etc. I guess they do have one thing in common.
After a day with the cousins we headed back to Temecula. Mikey struggled with his cousins. I think it was an unfamiliar environment with all new people, just a bit of sleep, and it took its' toll. Clearly, we just need to spend more time with the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. When we got back to Temecula though he did so much better! The whining stopped, the bossing started, and he seemed to be back to his usual crazy self. He went to bed early, woke up late, ate, and did not spend his day screaming for "mommy!'
We went to the farmer's market this morning and saw this coonskin cap... Brian's grandpa has told me about how Brian had a coonskin cap as a kid, when I saw it I knew we needed to take a picture- afterall Mikey is a mini Brian. I dont know what Bri looked like with his coonskin cap but I would guess he looked something like this.
He didnt love the cap, it was hard to get the photo, but totally worth it.
Mikey loves Uncle Michael, poor Uncle Michael has been ordered around from the minute we got back from visiting the cousins. Seriously we pulled into the driveway and he immediately said "O Muggle, Up UP UP!" so many ups that he sounded like a little dog.
We took a little walk through Old Town Temecula and the farmers market. The day was so nice, what a great activity.










Comments
Post a Comment