Favorite Things Party
I have seen something called a "favorite things" party on pinterest and I was intrigued and really wanted to go to one of those parties. One of my friends wanted to have a girls night so we thought this was the perfect opportunity to attend a favorite things party (and you know host it). Lucky for me she was gung ho, I am not a good party person so I needed you know, someone interesting to help me.
The premise of a favorite things party is that everyone comes together and shares one of their favorite things. It is a fun way to get to know people, and having attended let me just tell you it is loads of fun.
Ok so we started with some invites. To be honest we were cheap (money doesnt grow on trees and we were on a budget) so our invites were electronic with a few exceptions. Here is one of the fun ones, and invite attached to a dozen assorted donut holes (donuts are one of my favorite things). Sorta cutesy but not too much cause wow not willing to expend the effort to get darling invites like the pinterest examples.
We decided we needed some banners to decorate. We made them out of burlap and white cardstock (cause we are high class) and strung them up. We decided to decorate with neutrals cause anything else would clash pretty badly with all the red in my house... no really it would.
Oh and we used this as a great excuse to bake, well my friend did... i did less baking, but we had a ton of food.
Quick menu: ham and cheese sandwiches with honey mustard sauce (on the side), snap peas and red peppers with homemade hummus (cause we love those two veggies and that is what seems to go the fastest in veggie trays), cream cheese tomato toasts, fruit and dip, butterscotch cookies, chocolate chip cookies, sour cream sugar cookies, mississippi mud brownies, and lemon water. maybe we went overboard, oh and mini donuts (we bought those).
we made "gift" bags for everyone to take home their new favorite things.
Favorite things table. Ok so everyone was asked to bring 5 identical of their favorite things that cost less than $3 a piece. Every person wrote their name 5 times put it in a bowl and when your name was called you picked 1 thing. Before the picking started we went around and explained what our favorite things were. Here are the favorite things before the people got there. I brought crazy socks and chapstick (cause I love both) and fresh tortillas and salsa (again cause I love them), my cohost/person in charge of the party brought diet pepsi and avacados. Some of the other favorite things were nutella, facewash (that changed my life), m&ms, hershey's carmel kisses, peppermint pretzels (cause they were such a great deal), sushi, kind bars, eyeliner, diet coke, and probably more things but I cant remember.
I think it turned out to be a pretty fun night, I would totally go again!





I am so proud of you! What a darling idea!!! Seriously, I should be brave and host one of these....hmmm I think I'll keep thinking about it. I really do like the idea and I agree I think it helps you get to know people better. Fun!
ReplyDelete