Holidays Parties... blah

I sorta hate work related holiday parties. Well let's back up and clarify, I really dislike any event that I have to dress up for. Church doesn't count because I go with my delightful children and their snacks and then spend the remainder of the time working in the nursery, so dressing up while not optional isn't as dressed up as one might think. See the thing is people that go to these things know how to dress, their wardrobes consist of more than worn out moccasins, clearance t shirts, and jeans in varying states of shabbiness. These people know how to do their hair and makeup, and while I can do make up for a Tuesday (that lasts until about noon on a good day), the dramatic party makeup not my thing. I don't know what to do with the random brushes and products. I know what mascara is... but beyond that my friends we may have a slight issue. And the hair, oh goodness. To illustrate my problem let me just tell you I have been wearing my hair in french braid pigtails lately, I may or may not look like a slightly disheveled 12 year old cowgirl,  can't think of a style less likely to translate into something grown up for a holiday party. Oh and the dress. The dress is the worst. Turns out dresses are ugly and expensive, and the ones I do like, well pretty sure I'm going to need to sell an internal organ or at least part of my liver to coerce myself into buying one.  And so the anxiety builds. and then it builds more when I tell myself "friend, calm down, this is just idiotic, who cares, it's one night, no one is going to notice!" but that just gives me more anxiety and so the cycle continues. Ahh! I hate holiday parties, I wish companies would just abolish them, make them into family parties, write employees a check of the money spent, really anything but make me go.

Comments

  1. So sorry for your pain. :) I kinda feel like this for Sundays...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea