Lexington and Concord, Plymouth, and Cape Cod
We decided since we'd walked the freedom trail, we also needed to see the site of Lexington and Concord. It was a pretty drive and a beautiful place.
Here is the bridge the British marched across, it's so peaceful, no one would guess this was the start of a long war.
Battlefield. Interesting fact, Lexington and Concord was a long battle! The colonists chased the British 17 miles back to Boston.We stopped to see the Boston Temple. So peaceful and beautiful, in the midst of a busy city (ok it is in the suburbs, but you get the idea).
Plymouth Rock... yep, for real, this is it.
Plymouth Harbor. It was actually fairly chilly in August... I cannot imagine how frigid it was when the pilgrims arrived in winter!
We decided since we were already in Plymouth and kid free that we would drive out to Cape Cod... TOTALLY WORTH IT! Cape Cod was beautiful!
We ate at another highly reviewed beach shack. This one was even better than the first. The line was at least an hour, the wait for the food was long, and finding a table was difficult. But the food was awesome, and the scenery was even better. We also learned that people that vacation on Cape Cod really do wear seersucker shorts and sherbet colored pop collared polos.
Baked cod with scallop stuffing... you need this.
Maine syle lobster roll... you also need this.
Dinner on Cape Cod
It was so picturesque.
So pretty. I want to go back some day!
The view from our table.
This is for real! I'm not a beach person, but I think I could do this one, sweaters and seafood sound appealing.
Comments
Post a Comment