Happy 10th Birthday Mikey!
Happy 10th Birthday Mr. Michael,
Sorry I missed your 9th birthday post. Someday I'll tell you it was because of COVID and you will roll your eyes and remember the days of COVID.
You've grown up a lot this last year. You spent a good portion of this year and last "social distancing" and quarantined. It's crazy to think that when you turned 8 you had no idea what quarantine was, but now you not only understand, but you've been quarantined 4 times (at least, I've lost count). But you survived!
Of the three of you, COVID was the hardest on you. You are a social butterfly and COVID shut that down. You were stuck at home with Zach and Grace and nanny that you disliked every day. You made the best of it, but you were thrilled when you found out that school would be starting again in August. Now that we've made it through an entire school year, you seem much happier.
You love activities, boy do you! You love baseball, basketball, and swim team. I don't think there is a team activity that you haven't genially enjoyed every minute of. This year you became a great baseball player. You like to play catcher because there is "less pressure" but you get to participate in every play. It was so fun to watch you catch this year. You were always a pretty good ball player, but you're excitement for the game made you a great player this last year. Not only did you play well, but you loved being with the team. You are in your element when you're surrounded by other kids your age, I love this!
You continue to do awesome at school. You were anxious and annoyed about this year's milestone tests, but it turns out you did awesome. I am still amazed that despite not paying attention, caring, or whatever you say you do in class, you still do exceptionally well. I think there's a chance you pay more attention and like school better than you let on.
You are still pretty annoyed by Zach and Grace and constantly say how much you wish you were an only child. Let's be honest you would have been an excellent only child, but there's value in learning to deal with difficult people.
You haven't let ADHD define you or limit you. I wish you were the poster child for ADHD. For the most part you have done amazing with ADHD. You have learned better how to control yourself and how to recognize when you need to remove yourself from a situation.
You got your first real pet this year- Thunder Bolt. Thunny is you in cat form. I knew you were a sweet kid, but Thunny has highlighted that side. I love that we get to see you with her.
You are such a great teacher! You taught Grace to swim across the pool. This is huge, she has had years of swim lessons without success.
You are incredibly patient with little kids. You love your cousins Jack and Alex, and I hope you will be great with your baby brother.
You are getting a little bit too cool to hang out with me. It's ok, someday you will want to be buddies again.
You continue to be an extreme hobbyist. Right now you are really into Star Wars. You listen to the books, watch the show, draw battles, and build legos. I can't wait to see what your next interest will be.
We love you Mike!
Comments
Post a Comment