Happy 7th Birthday Sassy!
Happy 7th Birthday my dear mama's boy,
I wish I had written this around your actual birthday, but I was busy and now you're almost 8. Oh well, someday I will get around to doing things on time... maybe.
You survived COVID-19 this last year. Your kindergarten year was derailed by a virus and by quarantine, but you excelled. You are totally fine staying home and doing your own thing. While your brother struggled, you didn't seem to care in the slightest that our life was cancelled, except that you did miss Ms. McDevitt.
You got to start your "own" activities this last year. We've tried baseball, soccer, and basketball, but none of those were your jam. We started piano in June 2020 and hapkido in January 2021 and you love them both. You love individual activities, opportunities to prove yourself, and anything that your brother doesn't do.
You continued to shine at school. You are so bright! I am always shocked by how much you know and how quickly you grasp new concepts. You were determined to move up several reading levels this year and ended the school year in the white group- this is huge, white is third grade!
You continue to have a love hate relationship with Michael. I don't know what it is about the two of you, but you guys cannot just chill. You either love each other to the point of not being able to use the bathroom alone, or hate each other and cannot be in the same room. You share a bedroom now, and I think we are going to keep that party going.
You still love PupPup and Froggy, and prefer to go to bed when you have a bad day, feel sick, or get your feelings hurt.
You love Ace. She gets on your nerves, but at the end of the day you really really love her. I'm so glad that the two of you get along so well (most of the time).
You love to be silly. This drives me up a wall most of the time, but you are secure enough with yourself that you don't care. You'd rather make people laugh than listen
You have a strong sense of justice and will not stop fighting until the injustice is solved. I hope you use this some day to fight for people who cannot fight for themselves. It doesn't matter if it as simple as someone getting the cake you think you were entitled to, or someone treating someone else unfairly. You will always fight for justice.
You are still a homebody and a mama's boy and you have no problem admitting to either one. If you had the choice I think we'd all stay home all day every day. You love routine and still think vacations would be better spent at home.
You love your friends, but you're ok on your own. There were quite a few times you came home from school and said you didn't play with anyone at recess because you wanted time to yourself. You spend a lot of time creating a world in your own head and sometimes just need to escape from the rest of us.
You still love to play with "your guys". I hope this doesn't change for awhile. You like to take a few guys and create a battle between good and evil. I think this plays right into your sense of justice.
You still don't love to eat, but you do love to show people your 6 pack. I'm not sure how to change this, I keep hoping you will wake up one day and decide that breakfast is a good option, in the meantime you like to say that you're going to fast.
You love to weasel your way out of helping and you are the master at it. We can go hours before we realize that you haven't lifted a finger. I don't know how you do this, but you do!
You're still mildly obsessed with blood and death. I don't think this is going to end, but your interest is becoming less morbid and more clinical. It will be interesting to see where this takes you!
We love you Sassy!
Comments
Post a Comment