A Movie Recommendation
So the other night as I was at the YMCA for my weekly friday night run (Brian is almost always home on Friday nights so it is a good time to try and make up some of the miles I missed during the week) they were playing a movie called "Moms Night Out". A couple of things, the only reason I can motivate myself to go run at the Y is the movie, I plan my "runs" based on the movies that are playing, bad movie= no run. The other day they messed up the schedule and played "I am Legend" on the wrong day (a movie I intentionally did not want to see... again) and I almost had to leave.
Ok so they were playing this movie called "Moms Night Out". I had never heard of it, but let's face it, it totally fit the kind of movie I would like so I started running, and 5 miles later I realized wow it had been awhile and it was probably time to go home. But that should show that I liked the movie because I do not enjoy running. Anyway the movie is about an overwhelmed stay at home mom that goes out with her friends for the night. Yes the scenarios that play out are over the top and ridiculous but the message in the movie ends up being really uplifting, or at least it did for me. Let me add a few more things, the movie is rated PG, there is no swearing or anything else inappropriate. Come to find out it was made by the christian branch of Sony Pictures. So take that as you will, the quality is significantly better than some of the Mormon films, but it does have a few of the issues that those tend to have (cheesy). But the message... well the message was worth the run, I didn't finish it so I had to go rent it at Redbox. But the message is something like don't be too hard on yourself, find strength in your faith, and there is a merciful Heavenly Father waiting to help lift you... yeah see great movie if you needed a quick albeit dramatic pick me up.
There were parts of the movie that I identified with a little bit too much: the stress over the disaster house, the wild children, just wanting to sit alone in church, hiding from the mess of your house and day after the kids go to bed, wanting a night out, feeling inadequate, cruising in your minivan (that's right I said cruising). At first I was a bit appalled that I saw myself in the movie... and then I accepted it, like she says in the movie, my minivan is awesome and I do love it.
So I recommend seeing it, and yes I realize I have now entered the stage of life where I filter everything as if a child were with me, but hey this is a good thing (and yes Michael did sneak out of bed and watch a good portion of it from the stairs). I have to admit I may have to buy it, will I watch it tons? Probably not but I think I need to support clean family movies... yes I know Emily I sound like Mom.
oh and spoiler here is one of the uplifting parts...
Ok so they were playing this movie called "Moms Night Out". I had never heard of it, but let's face it, it totally fit the kind of movie I would like so I started running, and 5 miles later I realized wow it had been awhile and it was probably time to go home. But that should show that I liked the movie because I do not enjoy running. Anyway the movie is about an overwhelmed stay at home mom that goes out with her friends for the night. Yes the scenarios that play out are over the top and ridiculous but the message in the movie ends up being really uplifting, or at least it did for me. Let me add a few more things, the movie is rated PG, there is no swearing or anything else inappropriate. Come to find out it was made by the christian branch of Sony Pictures. So take that as you will, the quality is significantly better than some of the Mormon films, but it does have a few of the issues that those tend to have (cheesy). But the message... well the message was worth the run, I didn't finish it so I had to go rent it at Redbox. But the message is something like don't be too hard on yourself, find strength in your faith, and there is a merciful Heavenly Father waiting to help lift you... yeah see great movie if you needed a quick albeit dramatic pick me up.
There were parts of the movie that I identified with a little bit too much: the stress over the disaster house, the wild children, just wanting to sit alone in church, hiding from the mess of your house and day after the kids go to bed, wanting a night out, feeling inadequate, cruising in your minivan (that's right I said cruising). At first I was a bit appalled that I saw myself in the movie... and then I accepted it, like she says in the movie, my minivan is awesome and I do love it.
So I recommend seeing it, and yes I realize I have now entered the stage of life where I filter everything as if a child were with me, but hey this is a good thing (and yes Michael did sneak out of bed and watch a good portion of it from the stairs). I have to admit I may have to buy it, will I watch it tons? Probably not but I think I need to support clean family movies... yes I know Emily I sound like Mom.
oh and spoiler here is one of the uplifting parts...
Comments
Post a Comment