"Ive been blessed you know..."
I don't think I appreciate my kids enough. Most days I get caught up in the business of life. I get caught up in cleaning the messes, making the meals, and just trying to keep up. But after a conversation with a friend this week I have been thinking about how I might need to appreciate them just a little bit more. They won't be little forever, some day they will be more independent (hopefully) and they might like me even less. I need to remember that they are awesome people, not just little mess makers and screaming machines. I think it's easy to forget this in the busyness of life. It can be easy to forget that they do a lot for us, not just the other way around. For example, this past week when Zach had to start breathing treatments (nightmare), Michael was the only one that could get him to do it without screaming. Yes, michael may have had an ulterior motive (he wanted to watch a show), but he was great, he kindly got Zach to calm down and follow his example. While we were in the car trip from hell (ok any car trip over 20 minutes becomes that with Zach, he hates being in the car) Zach as screaming (he screamed from Waco to Georgetown, a good 100 miles) Michael tried to calm him down. He gave him snacks, toys, sang to him, he didn't succeed but he tried! When Zach wakes up in the morning his first response is always "go talk buddy!". These two munchkins, they make me want to sleep, tear out my hair and hide the closet, but they are great. Really so great.
Buddy helping Zach with his breathing. Now Zach can do it alone, but he was sure awesome that first time.
Buddy helping Zach with his breathing. Now Zach can do it alone, but he was sure awesome that first time.
Comments
Post a Comment