24 weeks and a trip to the hospital
So yesterday I felt crummy, really crummy, but I chalked it up to just a bad pregnancy day. But then it got worse. I had such a bad headache, and my whole body hurt, oh and then there was the fever. I didnt even think about the fever or to check until bedtime because we had spent most of the day outside so I thought I was so warm because it was so incredibly hot outside, but then I was freezing, which I decided was because our house is like being in the Arctic. So right before bed I took my temperature and it was 100.6... problem. I took a tylenol (useless) and went to bed, a couple hours later I was up to 102.6... so tylenol raises fevers? Anyway I thought tylenol plus resting would help...nope. Then tylenol plus pretending there was nothing wrong... nope. So then I called the doctor, because by this point I couldnt get the fever to go down and I was getting mildly concerned. She said I needed to go to the hospital... great. So I did. I thought I would be in and out in a few hours, nope. Now I am in the hospital until I can stay fever free. We did meds and ice packs and finally my fever is going down. so it looks like I will be here for a bit. For awhile they couldnt figure out what was wrong, the only symptoms I had were general achiness, headache, and the fever. But after a battery of tests they found out I have a bladder infection (bet you wanted to know that)...no other symptoms just the fever... so that's delightful. Even though I am less than thrilled to be here, I will say I am a little bit thrilled that the problem was a symptomless bladder infection and that everyone is going to be fine. My doctor came in a bit ago and told me about a patient she had this morning that was 24 weeks with placental abruption. They delivered the baby but he isnt doing well (24 weeks is so early!) and the mother almost bleed to death and is in the ICU in uncertain condition. I am 24 weeks, and I have to be honest I was a little worried for Zach but he appears to be fine and will cook for a few more weeks...like 16.
Comments
Post a Comment