Really? Why is that junk on the radio?

I'm going to admit here that I don't listen to music on the radio much these days. Maybe 27 is old, or maybe I am getting conservative in my old age, but I can't bring myself to listen to that junk. I do listen to country occasionally, but not as often as I used to, but pop music, I just can't do it. There is too much sex on the radio, I don't want my two sweet boys to hear that and I don't want to listen to it either. I don't know when this happened, it seems like one day I woke up and I was my mom (sorry mom). I remember when I was a kid she was constantly turning the radio off, telling me to switch the song, or having us listen to NPR. I thought she just wasn't fun, but it turns out she just didn't want us to hear that crap (yes that is an appropriate word to describe some of the stuff out there). I am actually horrified by some of the stuff I have heard recently, some of it is just so explicit that I feel like I need to take a shower after hearing it, and the sad thing is that even if you choose not to listen to it in your car or home, you can't escape it, they play this stuff in stores! Michael is too young to understand what they are saying, but I don't think he is going to be listening to enough Beyonce or Katie Perry to memorize the songs. I know that some of my morals are different than other people, but I have to wonder to myself what the heck these people are thinking, why they think it is ok to make these songs... really not appropriate. I think I am ok turning into my mom in this instance. I guess my kids will just learn to love Morning Edition, Fresh Air, and All Things Considered, news mixed with condescending jazz music has to be better than explicit descriptions of sex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds