One of THOSE weeks

 It has been one of those weeks with my three year old.  I saw a mom put this on Facebook "confession: I yelled today". Yeah for me the confession would be I yelled a lot this entire week. It has been one of those weeks. I'm thinking of running away, hiding from him, or just pretending that his poor behavior is not my problem- it's mature, but that my friends is where we are at. Here's the deal, my three year old hates sleep. If you ask him how he feels about sleep he will saying something like, you know I don't sleep, or sleeping is a waste of time, or I hate to sleep. I'm not kidding. So he hates to sleep, but his three year old body and mind need sleep. As you can imagine this creates a bit of a problem. So this has been the week of breakdowns, not listening, and just generally misbehaving.   He has cried over the smallest of things, thrown things, screamed in public, hit his brother, just generally had a delightful week, and now... well now we are done. Today we had to have "quiet alone time" with the door shut- after an hour of not listening. There was screaming to the point of waking up his younger brother (who lives 2 rooms away partially for this reason). His room is a disaster. In his anger he pulled out all the books and clothes. He's mad, I'm fuming, and hopefully Zach is back in bed. It has been one of those weeks. I hear they mellow with time, but I think with mellowing may come a variety of additional issues. For now, we are hoping for a nap, less screaming, and taking it hour by hour... thank goodness Brian is home tomorrow!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea