Recent Happenings: Soccer, School, and Thomas

I feel like this blog has been neglected lately. Well the truth it that it is always a little bit neglected, but I feel kinda guilty since I don't record the happenings in our family any other way. So a quick life update for Michael.

Ok so Thomas. Mikey is back to being obsessed with Thomas the train. We are hoping that he can continue that until at least christmas because we just bought quite a few Thomas items for him off craigslist...

he can spend the whole day building tracks and acting out stories with his trains. I don't know what it is about thomas but he loves it.

Mikey wanted me to take a picture of Thomas and his coaches. 

He also wanted this picture of some of the "friends" he has earned. 



We celebrated International (yes that's right) talk like a pirate day this year. In case you weren't aware,  if you talk like a pirate at Krispy Kreme they will give you a free donut... but if you dress like a pirate they give you a free dozen donuts. Actually, they do it regardless of age, so we saw a few families in there with multiple dressed up kids and multiple dozen donuts. Mikey was estatic. He keeps asking to go back to Krispy Kreme. Since it was right by Brian's office we picked him up for the very short adventure. 

Pirate Mikey and his "booty". He talked like a pirate to get a free football donut and his costume earned him a free DOZEN glazed donuts. Needless to say we dropped a few off at Brian's office before returning home. We found out that Zachary likes donuts during this adventure... boy does he like them. 



I'm sure I posted these photos already, but Mikey started preschool. he seems to like it, and asks every day if it is a school day and when he gets to do show and tell again.



He eats lunch at school on one of the days. This was the lunch he asked me to pack him on the first day. I knew he would never eat all of this because he isn't a big eater, but he really really wanted it. Turns out he ate none of it and threw it all in the trash... awesome. But he always excited to pack it and go so that's ok. 




Brian is one of Michael's coaches and I think that has made soccer go much smoother. He had his first game yesterday and it was... hilarious. There really isn't another way to describe 3 year old soccer. I have seen little kids play soccer but I guess I havent seen them play this young. I thought I was prepared for what I would see... no I was wrong. I thought they would all follow the ball like a herd of chickens, but the reality is they are all just confused. So in the epic battle of the Lightning Bugs vs the Fireballs (us) there were lots of tears (though not from Mikey), lots of goals scored for the other team, and lots of kids sitting on the ground picking at the grass. By the end of the game the coaches were begging kids to come back on the field and half the team had given up and was sitting on their parents' laps. It was quite funny, I'm thinking next week might be a bit better and bit less confusing for them. We have attempted to explain to Mikey that there is no sharing in soccer, but I think he is still a bit confused.

This was Michael ON THE WAY to his first soccer practice. As you can see preschool tired him out and he refused to nap so he was... well exhausted by the time we were heading to soccer. He made it through the practice, but let's just say he was beat by the end.
 Walking to the first practice. I think he was a bit nervous. Well to be honest I think they both were a bit nervous as this was Brian's first experience as a coach.
 Meeting the team. See the randomness... yeah that is pretty much how three year old soccer goes.
 Heading to the field.
 We decided to show some team spirit. Michael's team is red and they decided to call themselves the fireballs. I painted these shirts for Michael and Brian to wear to practice and Zach and me to wear to the games. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be... except the white that was kinda  a disaster. So if you need to paint a t shirt, seriously freezer paper is a great way to go.
 The set. Everyone's is a little bit different. You know you like the tiny white one the best.
 Mikey modeling his "fireball" shirt. He wouldn't stay still for a picture.
 Yeah kinda a fail for a the photo but hey they all have shirts.
Another delightful shot of practice. 
 The coach is saying something important I'm sure, but I think it looks like he is saying something like "what the heck are you guys doing?" because as you can see no one is paying attention to what he is saying.
 See... no one is looking at him.
 Zach and I were there. Zach really really want to crawl on the field after the ball. But given how desperate they are for subs by the end of the 3rd quarter they might take him sometime.

I cannot figure out why he looks so upset or concerned, but this was the facial expression he had in all the pictures. Look at that giant uniform. Oh sweet Mikey. 

 He's number 3. there are two #3's on his team because there are two sizes of uniforms.
 Mikey was on the bench, you can't see him behind the girl running, but he was there and he seemed quite content to watch. actually all the kids seemed to really enjoy their bench time.
 there he is. its like he's wearing pants his uniform is so big.
 Zach and I attended the game in our sweet fireball shirts.
 Mikey standing on the field with Brian. It turns out that in 3 year old soccer the coach stands on the field the entire time trying to coax the kids to go after the ball.
 Running after the ball. Love this sweet action shot.

He says his favorite part of the game was the snack. Well buddy that was always my favorite part too. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds