Happy 4th Birthday Sweet Michael!
My Sweet Michael,
Is it that time already? Are you already 4? Where has this year gone? It seems to have passed in a whirl of tantrums, activities, Thomas, Octonauts, Dusty, and Wild Kratts.
You my friend have a passion for life. I am often amazed at the amount to enthusiasm you put into each and every activity. It is as if you wake up each morning ready to fight the day, you don't approach anything lightly, you throw yourself into everything. You are thrilled one minute and devastated the next- for the life of me I cannot keep up with your never ending energy.
Your thirst for knowledge is astounding. When you were little the interest was a bit more superficial but now, well now that has changed. And with your recent discovery of the non fiction section, well friend, I expect big things from you. This year we have learned about the sea, animals, and now space. You constantly surprise me, you say things like "Mom did you know that Neptune and Uranus are brothers? They are ice giants." What is a mom to say? I just stand back, and try and hide my amazement at your knowledge. You don't seem to tire of learning. For some people there is a point where they are ready to "veg" out, but for you that doesn't seem to be a thing. You are always learning. When you have exhausted one subject you simply move on to the next. I can't wait to see what you do with your life. Both your preschool teachers told me that you are one of the most inquisitive kids they have ever met... no kidding. You have a question about everything, we are reaching the point where my response is less often an answer and more often "well let's look it up", "let's ask Dad", or "I'll have to get back with you on that one."
You hate sleep. After almost a year of melatonin I feel some sense of sanity returning, and your behavior has drastically improved, but you still hate sleep. It's like you can't turn your mind off long enough to just sleep. This appears to be a battle that the two of us will continue to have this year. You are learning that life is better with rest, and some days you can see the value in a cat nap.
You love Zach. You love to be with someone ALL THE TIME and Zach thinks you are the best thing since goldfish, fruit snacks, and peanut butter sandwiches. You are the ring leader and for the most part he goes along with it. He has been the Peso to your Kwazi, the Chris to your Martin, and the Percy to your Thomas. You are pretty good about including him when your friends come over and watching out for him at the park. Sometimes I forget what a great brother you are and then I take Zach somewhere without you- you are Zach's safety net, his lifeline, and his protector. Without you he gets in more dangerous situations than normal. You are great at stopping him from jumping off the playground, eating rocks, and running in front of swings- he needs you.
You love school. I thought you would enjoy getting out on your own, but I had no idea how much you would like it. You are a little celebrity at school. Your teachers love you, your classmates think you're great, and you seem to be calmer. You love the art projects, the learning new things, and the being on your own. I think both of us are anxiously counting down the days until school starts again.
You've done great at making new friends this year. We started off this year with just a few acquaintances, but you've done a great job of making some real buddies. Zach remains your best friend, but it's good to see you interact with other kids your age. You're still learning what it means to be "annoying" and it's a bit of a challenge for you, but I'm sure you're going to get it.
You LOVE to talk. I think you talk the entire time you are awake. There are times when I have to excuse myself from the room just to gather my own thoughts. A few months ago I told you that you had to stop asking questions for 15 minutes and your response was "But MOM I have so many questions!". I had to laugh, you do have so many questions!
You love TV. It doesn't matter how much you watch (or how little) you always want more. You don't love the new 30 minute system, it isn't different than before except now we are talking about it. Poor kid.
You have such an active imagination. Our playroom has been Cropwash Junction, under the sea, the Octopod, the rainforest, Tidmouth Sheds, and now outer space. You spend your life in a fantasy world. Today you skipped through the parking lot and when I caught you your response was "Mom lemurs have to skip on the ground". We have to remind you to pay attention and come back to earth a couple (dozen) times a day, but it is great to see you make believe.
You love to help, but you love to help with things you are interested in- cleaning out the dishwasher isn't interesting to you but vacuuming has some appeal.
You love the water- swimming, hoses, sprinklers, bathtubs, you're a fan of all of them.
You love music but don't sing much these days- you're too busy chatting. Every once in awhile I hear you making up songs. I wish you got the chance to sing more. A few months ago you got to sing I am a Child of God with the ward choir and you were in heaven. We could hear your sweet little voice from the back of the chapel.
You are still timid when it comes to dangerous things, but with time I think Zachary is going to break you of that. You like to see if he lives before you try things. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, maybe you guys will rub of on each other.
You are such a sweet and loving child when you want to be. You are always asking for one more hug and one more kiss. You especially love your dad. I think if you could follow him around all day you would be heaven. You love to do "big guy" jobs with him, talk about space, look through the telescope, and just hang out. I'm glad you guys are buddies.
You are sassy, there are no other words to describe it. You are very very sassy, let's hope this is a phase... a short one.
Sweet Michael you test my patience on a minute by minute basis but I wouldn't trade you for the world. I'm so glad you come to our family. But here's the deal let's be a bit less sassy and spend a bit more time sleeping this next year.
We love you!
Is it that time already? Are you already 4? Where has this year gone? It seems to have passed in a whirl of tantrums, activities, Thomas, Octonauts, Dusty, and Wild Kratts.You my friend have a passion for life. I am often amazed at the amount to enthusiasm you put into each and every activity. It is as if you wake up each morning ready to fight the day, you don't approach anything lightly, you throw yourself into everything. You are thrilled one minute and devastated the next- for the life of me I cannot keep up with your never ending energy.
Your thirst for knowledge is astounding. When you were little the interest was a bit more superficial but now, well now that has changed. And with your recent discovery of the non fiction section, well friend, I expect big things from you. This year we have learned about the sea, animals, and now space. You constantly surprise me, you say things like "Mom did you know that Neptune and Uranus are brothers? They are ice giants." What is a mom to say? I just stand back, and try and hide my amazement at your knowledge. You don't seem to tire of learning. For some people there is a point where they are ready to "veg" out, but for you that doesn't seem to be a thing. You are always learning. When you have exhausted one subject you simply move on to the next. I can't wait to see what you do with your life. Both your preschool teachers told me that you are one of the most inquisitive kids they have ever met... no kidding. You have a question about everything, we are reaching the point where my response is less often an answer and more often "well let's look it up", "let's ask Dad", or "I'll have to get back with you on that one."
You hate sleep. After almost a year of melatonin I feel some sense of sanity returning, and your behavior has drastically improved, but you still hate sleep. It's like you can't turn your mind off long enough to just sleep. This appears to be a battle that the two of us will continue to have this year. You are learning that life is better with rest, and some days you can see the value in a cat nap.
You love Zach. You love to be with someone ALL THE TIME and Zach thinks you are the best thing since goldfish, fruit snacks, and peanut butter sandwiches. You are the ring leader and for the most part he goes along with it. He has been the Peso to your Kwazi, the Chris to your Martin, and the Percy to your Thomas. You are pretty good about including him when your friends come over and watching out for him at the park. Sometimes I forget what a great brother you are and then I take Zach somewhere without you- you are Zach's safety net, his lifeline, and his protector. Without you he gets in more dangerous situations than normal. You are great at stopping him from jumping off the playground, eating rocks, and running in front of swings- he needs you.
You love school. I thought you would enjoy getting out on your own, but I had no idea how much you would like it. You are a little celebrity at school. Your teachers love you, your classmates think you're great, and you seem to be calmer. You love the art projects, the learning new things, and the being on your own. I think both of us are anxiously counting down the days until school starts again.
You've done great at making new friends this year. We started off this year with just a few acquaintances, but you've done a great job of making some real buddies. Zach remains your best friend, but it's good to see you interact with other kids your age. You're still learning what it means to be "annoying" and it's a bit of a challenge for you, but I'm sure you're going to get it.
You LOVE to talk. I think you talk the entire time you are awake. There are times when I have to excuse myself from the room just to gather my own thoughts. A few months ago I told you that you had to stop asking questions for 15 minutes and your response was "But MOM I have so many questions!". I had to laugh, you do have so many questions!
You love TV. It doesn't matter how much you watch (or how little) you always want more. You don't love the new 30 minute system, it isn't different than before except now we are talking about it. Poor kid.
You have such an active imagination. Our playroom has been Cropwash Junction, under the sea, the Octopod, the rainforest, Tidmouth Sheds, and now outer space. You spend your life in a fantasy world. Today you skipped through the parking lot and when I caught you your response was "Mom lemurs have to skip on the ground". We have to remind you to pay attention and come back to earth a couple (dozen) times a day, but it is great to see you make believe.You love to help, but you love to help with things you are interested in- cleaning out the dishwasher isn't interesting to you but vacuuming has some appeal.
You love the water- swimming, hoses, sprinklers, bathtubs, you're a fan of all of them.
You love music but don't sing much these days- you're too busy chatting. Every once in awhile I hear you making up songs. I wish you got the chance to sing more. A few months ago you got to sing I am a Child of God with the ward choir and you were in heaven. We could hear your sweet little voice from the back of the chapel.
You are still timid when it comes to dangerous things, but with time I think Zachary is going to break you of that. You like to see if he lives before you try things. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, maybe you guys will rub of on each other.
You are such a sweet and loving child when you want to be. You are always asking for one more hug and one more kiss. You especially love your dad. I think if you could follow him around all day you would be heaven. You love to do "big guy" jobs with him, talk about space, look through the telescope, and just hang out. I'm glad you guys are buddies.
You are sassy, there are no other words to describe it. You are very very sassy, let's hope this is a phase... a short one.
Sweet Michael you test my patience on a minute by minute basis but I wouldn't trade you for the world. I'm so glad you come to our family. But here's the deal let's be a bit less sassy and spend a bit more time sleeping this next year.
We love you!

Comments
Post a Comment