The 4th of July in Temecula

After... well over a decade I finally made it to Temecula for the 4th of July. For those of you that havent experienced the 4th it's AMAZING. There is a big carnival in the park, everyone congregates there, and then there is a great firework show. Oh and the best part, my parents live just up the street from the park. Their street fills up and they just walk down at the last minute and enjoy the show. I was thrilled to be back for this particular holiday. 


We started the day by going to get donuts. Zach LOVES donuts. If donuts are mentioned he freaks out until he is served a donut. So we headed to the donut shop with our matching flag shirts. It turns out that quite a few people and that same idea. 

My dad loves Boston Cream Pies so we decided to make one. Well let's scratch that, I made it. The pie was pretty good, but complicated. Pretend that this looks appetizing, because it really was good. I went outside an talked to Brian on the phone and this is what I came back to. So I guess despite how unappetizing it looked it was a hit. 
 See i made it.

This is what the street looked like around 3:30pm. Yep, full all the way up and down. 
 See full.
 We decided to go visit what may be the coolest park in Temecula. The boys loved it. And since everyone was waiting for the fireworks we had it pretty much to ourselves.


 Grammy was a great sport playing the boys, letting them lead her everywhere.

 There was a splash pad too.




Zach found a ladder. 
 The boys found the piano. They wanted to "dance dance"


 We walked to see the fireworks. Michael was a bit scared at first, but at the end he said "Mom this was the coolest thing ever!"
 Made it to the sports park. Notice how we were wearing long pants and jackets... yep it was that cold.

 The announcer said there were 30,000 people in attendance.


 Michael and I both made it. Zach didn't, he stayed behind with my grandparents.

  
Michael had some glow sticks, he was thrilled about them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds