Amazing Grace?

We've been talking about names for baby #3 lately. So far nothing has been decided but I am pulling (hard) for "Grace". I don't know why but I love the name, it's simple, can follow her throughout life, isn't easily misspelled or mispronounced, and isn't the most common name around. But as I'm pulling for Grace I'm a little bit worried (as I've been with the two others) what if I choose the wrong name? Is there really a wrong name? According to Freakenomics there really isn't a wrong name and the name says less about the child's future and more about the values of the parent. So i'm torn, what if Grace is a terrible name, what if she hates it? What if 20 years from name she asks "Why Grace?" and our answer just isn't good enough?

With the boys we named them after specific people but Grace isn't after a person, it's just Grace. I want her middle name to be after someone, because well that just seems mean to make her the reject child when her brothers are named after people. So right now Camille seems like a good option (though not set in stone). Agh! Well good thing we have MONTHS (literally) to go before that decision has to be made. 

In the meantime I have brought the boys over to the Grace side by showing them this video. Zach is convinced that his sister is going to be named "Amazing Grace" and why not, she's clearly going to be amazing. 


Comments

  1. As an obvious fan of Grace, I approve! I appreciate Sheri Dew's thoughts about grace, too--a BYU magazine article about a year ago, and now a book. It's so classic, like your other kids' names.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds