Raising a Good Sleeper... I may punch you
So children sleeping is a topic that makes me want to break out in hives. Why? well I have two boys and one is an excellent sleeper and the other is... not. The older one has fought sleep since day 1, no really since day one. I cannot count the number of times we have talked to doctors about his sleep habits, it's to the point now that appointments are scheduled to specifically talk about this ONE issue. It's so bad that when Zach was born I asked the doctor on multiple occasions if there was something wrong with him, because he slept... like a normal baby. The second child understands sleeps. He understands he needs it, how to settle down, and how to settle himself back down if for some reason he wakes up. It's a miracle, and the reason I took so many pictures of him sleeping as a baby. But because Michael is well... a terrible sleeper I have received quite a bit of advice over the past 4 years related to sleep. Every time I read an article or hear about sleep I want to punch someone and yell "don't you think we've tried that!?" Not sure why this makes me so angry, but it really really does. And by we've tried everything I mean we have tried everything, now when we have massive freak outs, which thankfully are on a bimonthly basis right now instead of biweekly or daily, he takes a little bit of anti anxiety medicine and life is better. He doesn't always sleep but he calms down... so win! But really if one more person tells me to get him in bed by 7pm and get him in a routine I may hit them.
Comments
Post a Comment