Documenting Life
I've been accused of posting too frequently on Instagram. I know people probably don't want to see tons of photos of my kids on a regular basis, but here's the thing, Instagram is a great place for me to store photos with a caption so in 2 days, or 20 years I remember what we were doing. My Instagram account is private, so to be fair you do actually have to go out of your way to follow me, so... I guess unfollow me if I post too much? With Michael I tried to document things, but in the busyness of life a lot got missed. I know not every moment of their childhood's needs to be documented, but since my memory is SO bad these days (like seriously I can't remember what we ate for dinner two hours ago) I need to document what is happening while it is happening. I follow a lot of other moms on Instagram, people i knew in high school, college, grad school, and beyond, and I've got to be honest, they seem to be facing the same memory problems because they are posting like crazy as well. The Instagram account is for me, Brian (because he's at work and misses it), and maybe the kids in 20 years. It is to remind me that we do have fun and funny times, and to remind me that kids do and say hilarious things every day. I need these reminders when I am dealing with the 5th meltdown over ninja turtle flip flops, or a crazy night of baseball, or yet another school craft project. I know that I chose this life, and I do love it, but it is easy to get caught up in the yelling, busyness, insane schedules, and fighting, if you're reading this blog you feel my pain. Looking through old photos and their captions is a great reminder to enjoy the little moments... you know especially when you are looking back years later and most of the memory of your 3 year old cutting your hair has faded and all you have is a funny photo to remember it by. So I'm going to keep posting like crazy because I want to.
Don't forget you do it for ME too!!! We can't ever have enough of your posts. Honestly, my kids ask to see your kids, especially baby Grace. I think my Jake has a crush on her!!!! :) Keep them coming, because we LOVE them all!!!!
ReplyDelete