Sleep Disturbances and Parenting
In preparation for the coming semester, I am doing a bit of research on how a child's sleep disturbances impact their mother- more on that later, and yes I will need your help!
As I've been reading these articles all I can think is "that is so true!!". Michael was a horrible sleeper until about a year ago. He still has bad nights, but in general things are much better. But those 4.5 years until we came up with a solution were well let's call them rough. It has been interesting to read just how much disturbed sleep impacts the parent child relationship and maternal mental health. Grace has been sick lately, though she is totally fine now, and she wasn't sleeping much. I thought I was just an awful mother with all the yelling (ok seriously with all the yelling at our house), but it turns out I might just be joining a club of terrible mother that yell when they're tired. Oh isn't it great when scientific research answers real life questions!
As I've been reading these articles all I can think is "that is so true!!". Michael was a horrible sleeper until about a year ago. He still has bad nights, but in general things are much better. But those 4.5 years until we came up with a solution were well let's call them rough. It has been interesting to read just how much disturbed sleep impacts the parent child relationship and maternal mental health. Grace has been sick lately, though she is totally fine now, and she wasn't sleeping much. I thought I was just an awful mother with all the yelling (ok seriously with all the yelling at our house), but it turns out I might just be joining a club of terrible mother that yell when they're tired. Oh isn't it great when scientific research answers real life questions!
Comments
Post a Comment