Christmas Lights and Cookies

Brian had to work late, and we decided to make the most of his absence and get a jump on the Christmas festivities. 

We started the night with some quesadillas, not really festive, but a dinner no one complains about, and then decorated some sugar cookies. Zach and Michael made sure to pack AS MANY sprinkles onto their cookies as humanely possible. They assured me these were the best cookies they'd ever had!

I keep loosing the recipe... so I'd better store it somewhere . 
 Zach was shocked that I gave him free reign of the sprinkles, apparently I'm way too controlling with the sugar crystals.
 Zach's creation, notice the MOUND of sprinkles unsupported by frosting. It was delicious.

 Michael's creation.
 They had so much fun that we recreated this evening a couple nights later with Brian.
 After our delicious dinner and dessert we headed out to see the christmas lights! It was a beautiful winter evening in central texas! We cranked up the Josh Groban and enjoyed our slow drive through the neighborhood.

Our favorite house, ok my favorite house, had the old fashioned glass christmas lights. Sadly the picture didn't turn out, but it is by far the coolest house in the neighborhood and the one that reminds me most of the christmas lights of my childhood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds