Dear...
Dear ____,
Let's have a polite little chat. I am not your friend, I am not your mommy, I am not your guidance counselor. While I do care that you are successful, your inability to follow directions really isn't... well my problem. I appreciate your attention to detail, but it needs to extend beyond excessively arguing with my comments and to the actual work product. It's ok that these things take away from your life of fun and travel, you aren't on a permanent vacation. Guess what, the internet is well, almost everywhere. Saying that there isn't internet is a bit absurd because where there is McDonald's (in the USA at least) there is generally internet... for free. Asking me to fix your work isn't beneficial to anyone. It doesn't help you learn, it doesn't make me think you are invested in your own learning, and it just leads to frustration for both of us.
So let's make a deal. Let's act like adults. Let's take things seriously. Let's really invest in this experience. Instead of doing as little work as humanly possible to scrap by, let's buck up and try really hard. Let's spend these next 5 weeks getting the most we can out of this experience. And let's be patient. 2 hours is not too long to wait for an email back, you can handle this.
Thanks!
Let's have a polite little chat. I am not your friend, I am not your mommy, I am not your guidance counselor. While I do care that you are successful, your inability to follow directions really isn't... well my problem. I appreciate your attention to detail, but it needs to extend beyond excessively arguing with my comments and to the actual work product. It's ok that these things take away from your life of fun and travel, you aren't on a permanent vacation. Guess what, the internet is well, almost everywhere. Saying that there isn't internet is a bit absurd because where there is McDonald's (in the USA at least) there is generally internet... for free. Asking me to fix your work isn't beneficial to anyone. It doesn't help you learn, it doesn't make me think you are invested in your own learning, and it just leads to frustration for both of us.
So let's make a deal. Let's act like adults. Let's take things seriously. Let's really invest in this experience. Instead of doing as little work as humanly possible to scrap by, let's buck up and try really hard. Let's spend these next 5 weeks getting the most we can out of this experience. And let's be patient. 2 hours is not too long to wait for an email back, you can handle this.
Thanks!
Comments
Post a Comment