Opposites
I am amazed on a daily basis how opposite my children are. One loves to sleep, one would never sleep if it were an option. One is uptight and has a difficult time when there are changes to his routine and the other (for the most part) rolls with the punches. One loves to sing and the other prefers to be quieter.
As these two munchkins grow and their personalities develop further I am always amazed at how lucky we are to get to know these two kids. Sure they have moments (Sunday tends to be one very long moment) where I think it might be a little bit fun if they "got to know" someone else for a few hours, but 90% of the time I am amazed that we get to spend time with these two fun guys.
Just a few things about these crazy kiddos lately:
Michael
- He sleeps, yes he sleeps. I can't think of a way to describe my feelings, besides the chorus of this song. It is great. You just have to listen to it to get the gist of my feelings. One of my friends said I looked tearful when I described how he has started sleeping. He sleeps!
- Oh and I should mention that since he sleeps, he is so much more pleasant. He can pay attention (he's still 3 so this is relative), there is less screaming, throwing things, hitting, etc. Sure there's still some but oh man alive life is so much better!
- He has recently developed a fascination with the show "Octonauts" and likes to spend hours every week playing Octonauts in the bathtub. I guess this activity does keep him contained.
- He can say/sing the first 5 Articles of Faith. He's a great little memorizer.
- He loves school. Everyday is a huge fight to get him out the door, but he thinks that school is great. He loves the art projects, the structured play, the books, the activities.
- He can clean out the silverware in the dishwasher. Sure you should be a bit wary to eat off our forks these days, but it's great that he can do it.
- He really wants to be a helper... like really bad. This is great but sorta not. We are trying to come up with jobs that he can do.
Zachary
- Zach is a bundle of personality in a little body. He has started to talk he has a few words "Cee" (CJ), "DADDDDDDD!!!" (Dad), "Mamamamama" (Mom), "No! [with head shake]", "More", "Cheetzah" (pizza), "Cooooookie", "no-nut" (donut, yes this is one of his words), "nana" (banana), "baba" (phone, random I know), "bath", "shoes", "muth" (mouth), "teeth teeth", "muh" (sound he makes when he wants a kiss). Im sure he has more but his little vocabulary is starting to explode. Whether we can understand him or not he chats all day. He pretends to chat on the phone, reads to himself, and is no stop chatting when we pick his brother up from school.
- He loves phones and books. he loves to sit in his comfy chair and "read". He finds all phones and presses the buttons and chats.
- He's not chubby anymore! All his baby chub is leaving. remember those thighs with rolls, yep, gone. It's all the running.
- He thinks "fighting" is good fun. His brother is only mildly pleased, but he did teach him. Everything is a sword, or a ball.
- He has entered the phase where Brian is the best thing since sliced bread.
- He insists on wearing his shoes all the time and is very possessive of them.
They like the help make dinner.
Michael really likes to make angry faces at the camera and have me take pictures of them.
I wanted to take a picture of the wall and they wanted to be in it.
a rare moment of watching a movie together. it was icy and we watched brave.
Zach loves to read
and he likes to cuddle stuffed animals
This was Michael's face when Brave ended. he said "Mom she should not have ate that cake"
Zach hasn't been happy lately
but he does love to brush his teeth.
Michael's little suit fits (sorta)
zach was cross this afternoon.
I know this photo is old, but its's a cute one.
I wanted to take a picture of the wall and they wanted to be in it.
a rare moment of watching a movie together. it was icy and we watched brave.
Zach loves to read
and he likes to cuddle stuffed animals
This was Michael's face when Brave ended. he said "Mom she should not have ate that cake"
but he does love to brush his teeth.
Michael's little suit fits (sorta)
zach was cross this afternoon.
I know this photo is old, but its's a cute one.

And this is about how Zachary feels about all photos these days.




















Comments
Post a Comment