Happy Birthday Mr. Michael
Michael turned 5, I can't believe it!
Dear Michael,
Happy Birthday Buddy! I am shocked we have made it this long! No really, I must apologize, your childhood is the "practice childhood- we get so many things wrong with you on a daily basis Im surprised you stick with us (I mean you're 5 so where are you going to go?). Ok so Mr. Michael, you have quite the personality. You are a sponge for everything, you love to learn. i thought this might have changed slightly, but no, you are always observing and always learning. Your memory is crazy, well unless it is about something I've asked you to do then... you are a normal 5 year old. You think your siblings are great, until you don't. You are great with Grace, I think it is so funny that you call her "your best girl", let's hope as she continues to grow that you maintain that protective older brother attitude. You are well behaved at school, church, and at the store, unless you decide that's over and then you are 5. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations for a 5 year old. You've grown up a lot this past year- literally and figuratively. I'm pretty sure that by your 10th birthday you will be taller than I am, maybe your 8th birthday.
We've hit some huge milestones this year:
-learning to swim on your own- this is awesome! You can swim the length of the pool in the deep end no problem!
-Sleeping through the night- it seems as if we should have conquered this one ages ago, but it turns out there were some factors out of your control- now that those tonsils are gone you're doing great!
-Sharing a room with Zach. Ok you're currently banished to the guest room, but that is more because of Zach than because of you. I hope someday soon Zach can get it back together and you can move back in, until then enjoy the giant bed.
-Finishing preschool- there were some days you didn't want to go, didn't want to stay, and were bored, but in the end you finished. I get that finishing preschool is really a matter of me continuing to pay for it, but hey you did awesome, you met the preschool milestones, and you had a great time socializing with your peers. I can't wait for your next adventure- kindergarten!
This year you loved Star Wars (thank goodness that is coming to a more manageable level now), Octonauts, and Wild Kratts. You love to learn about animals and space, really anything about science in general. We've read a million (ok not really) books, watched quite a few Sci Show Kids, and even listened to a few biographies- You thought Catherine the Great was going to be the end of you.
You've made some great friends this year, it's been fun to watch you interact with your peers in a more grown up way. You're friends this year were Noah, Tyler, Corbett, and Cooper.
You tried baseball again- twice! There were times that you really disliked it, but by the end of the second season you were able to catch and bat pretty well! I hope you continue to try sports, and that you didn't inherit any of your athletic abilities from me.
This year is going to be a big year for you- you are going to start school and I can't wait for this new adventure (not only because I don't want to take three kids to the grocery store, we will miss you!), but because I think kindergarten will offer you the mental stimulation that you have been seeking your whole life. Kindergarten is going to be tough- you are going to be the very youngest (no really), but not the shortest. You are going to have to work hard to learn to read, add, and well there's that whole Latin part. I apologize in advance for sending you to a hard new school but I think you are going do awesome. I think you are going to love PE, making new friends, the freedom learning to read will give you, and of course art. I think school will be awesome, that you will deepen your love of learning and look forward to going- once you get passed the uniform part.
Sweet Michael I am glad you are in our family. There are days I think you are going to drive me insane, but even more days that I wonder what I am going to do when you go to school. You are sweet big brother and a helper, you keep me on my toes, and I wouldn't trade you.
Happy Birthday Buddy, we love you!
Mikey really (really really really) wanted the Gup-X for his birthday. He actually wanted it last year but at the last minute decided he wanted a creature power suit instead (worn at least twice a week since we got it). This year he wanted the Gup-X and we got it. He has been in heaven since it arrived.
He was so excited to see if we came through and got him the Gup-X, good thing we did! Well really it's a good thing Uncle Colin came through, because while we did order the present we got it shipped to Utah and Uncle Colin saved the day by bringing it.
Mikey requested a mango cheesecake. We compromised and made a plain cheesecake and had toppings available.
Dying of anticipation in front of his gifts.
yes he did request Pringles as a gift.
Dear Michael,
Happy Birthday Buddy! I am shocked we have made it this long! No really, I must apologize, your childhood is the "practice childhood- we get so many things wrong with you on a daily basis Im surprised you stick with us (I mean you're 5 so where are you going to go?). Ok so Mr. Michael, you have quite the personality. You are a sponge for everything, you love to learn. i thought this might have changed slightly, but no, you are always observing and always learning. Your memory is crazy, well unless it is about something I've asked you to do then... you are a normal 5 year old. You think your siblings are great, until you don't. You are great with Grace, I think it is so funny that you call her "your best girl", let's hope as she continues to grow that you maintain that protective older brother attitude. You are well behaved at school, church, and at the store, unless you decide that's over and then you are 5. Maybe I need to adjust my expectations for a 5 year old. You've grown up a lot this past year- literally and figuratively. I'm pretty sure that by your 10th birthday you will be taller than I am, maybe your 8th birthday.
We've hit some huge milestones this year:
-learning to swim on your own- this is awesome! You can swim the length of the pool in the deep end no problem!
-Sleeping through the night- it seems as if we should have conquered this one ages ago, but it turns out there were some factors out of your control- now that those tonsils are gone you're doing great!
-Sharing a room with Zach. Ok you're currently banished to the guest room, but that is more because of Zach than because of you. I hope someday soon Zach can get it back together and you can move back in, until then enjoy the giant bed.
-Finishing preschool- there were some days you didn't want to go, didn't want to stay, and were bored, but in the end you finished. I get that finishing preschool is really a matter of me continuing to pay for it, but hey you did awesome, you met the preschool milestones, and you had a great time socializing with your peers. I can't wait for your next adventure- kindergarten!
This year you loved Star Wars (thank goodness that is coming to a more manageable level now), Octonauts, and Wild Kratts. You love to learn about animals and space, really anything about science in general. We've read a million (ok not really) books, watched quite a few Sci Show Kids, and even listened to a few biographies- You thought Catherine the Great was going to be the end of you.
You've made some great friends this year, it's been fun to watch you interact with your peers in a more grown up way. You're friends this year were Noah, Tyler, Corbett, and Cooper.
You tried baseball again- twice! There were times that you really disliked it, but by the end of the second season you were able to catch and bat pretty well! I hope you continue to try sports, and that you didn't inherit any of your athletic abilities from me.
This year is going to be a big year for you- you are going to start school and I can't wait for this new adventure (not only because I don't want to take three kids to the grocery store, we will miss you!), but because I think kindergarten will offer you the mental stimulation that you have been seeking your whole life. Kindergarten is going to be tough- you are going to be the very youngest (no really), but not the shortest. You are going to have to work hard to learn to read, add, and well there's that whole Latin part. I apologize in advance for sending you to a hard new school but I think you are going do awesome. I think you are going to love PE, making new friends, the freedom learning to read will give you, and of course art. I think school will be awesome, that you will deepen your love of learning and look forward to going- once you get passed the uniform part.
Sweet Michael I am glad you are in our family. There are days I think you are going to drive me insane, but even more days that I wonder what I am going to do when you go to school. You are sweet big brother and a helper, you keep me on my toes, and I wouldn't trade you.
Happy Birthday Buddy, we love you!
Mikey really (really really really) wanted the Gup-X for his birthday. He actually wanted it last year but at the last minute decided he wanted a creature power suit instead (worn at least twice a week since we got it). This year he wanted the Gup-X and we got it. He has been in heaven since it arrived.
He was so excited to see if we came through and got him the Gup-X, good thing we did! Well really it's a good thing Uncle Colin came through, because while we did order the present we got it shipped to Utah and Uncle Colin saved the day by bringing it.
Mikey requested a mango cheesecake. We compromised and made a plain cheesecake and had toppings available.
Dying of anticipation in front of his gifts.
yes he did request Pringles as a gift.
Comments
Post a Comment