Life with 3

So this blog has been pretty much abandoned... yeah so let's put things off for a minute (so sorry to everyone that hasn't received a thank you card yet, yep it's going to be a few more days) and post for a few minutes. I want to be able to look back in a few years and see who life was in the crazy early days with Grace... in order to do that I have to post... yep it's a vicious cycle.

Ok so life with three. We have been on our own for a few weeks, maybe just a week, whatever it's all a blur. While we greatly appreciated all the help (thank you everyone!), it turns out that three is easier than I thought it was going to be. The transition for one to two was... well really rough. I thought that the transition from two to three would be equally difficult, turns out that was wrong. I am not sure if it is that Grace is the best baby ever (no really the best.baby.ever) or that we are a little more experienced, or that Michael is a little bit bigger. Whatever the reason things are a little bit easier. Wait no, I know why it's easier, because I am already tired and crazy, I think I am missing all the things that get overlooked, messed up, etc. There are some difficult things, like the grocery store. This is more a logistical problem than anything else, turns out two kids in the top of the cart and one in the giant carrier dont actually allow you buy much. So we've utilized the Walmart pickup option (love), gone on weekends, or made extra trips- either way it's fine we have 6 more weeks and then we are down to two at the grocery store.

Oh and church. Church is a nightmare, well just sacrament meeting. I will say that hour and ten minutes is my least favorite of the entire week. Michael and Grace are pretty good, well except when Grace has a blowout... but she cant's help that. But the middle child, wow he is terrible. So there's the problem of trying to hold Grace, help Michael, and cover Zach's mouth at the same time. Thank goodness there are two of us, but I still think... well I think I would like to pretend Zach is not mine during that time, but he'll get better or people will stop sitting near us- either one works for me.

We've managed more pool time than I thought and significantly more playdates than I imagined by this point with three. So here's the thing, I really do not enjoy being pregnant, I dont think there are words to accurately describe how much I did not enjoy the pregnancy with Grace. I just felt terrible every single day, so once she was born I immediately felt... well great. Not great, but so much better than I had, so we got back into normal life quick. After 40 weeks of missing normal we were all ready for the new normal to begin. The recovery time was so much shorter this time around. Granted I decided to give myself one week before putting on "real pants" and getting back into the swing of things, I should have waited longer, but like I said I felt so much better and needed to get back to my life. 7 weeks in it seems like this sweet baby has been here forever.

Wow, that post made little to no sense, roll with it, someday things will be more coherent... or not, whatever.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea