Potty Training is the... worst...

I must admit that I hate potty training. So far it is one of my least favorite activities as a parent. I really really hate it, I would much rather change diapers than potty train. Michael was relatively easy to potty train, he can be easily bribed, thanks to his potty training experience I think we have every toy from Planes, it was totally worth the money we spent. But Zach... Zach cannot be bribed. Zach is awesome, he is independent and self assured, he has confidence in himself that most of us strive to achieve, but there's a downside, he is stubborn and he cannot be bribed. He will pee in the toilet for Brian, he will not do it at all for me. We've had a lot of accidents. And life is busy, when we were potty training Michael life was busy but Zach was small (like younger than Grace) so he couldn't really move, if it took 25 minutes to pee that was totally fine. And we didn't go many places, that isn't the case now. We are busy, someone always needs something, and we do not have 25 minutes to pee. So potty training is going slowly. I see all these kids about the same age as Zach, ok maybe just born the same year, that are potty trained. People keep saying "better do it now or you'll miss the window". I want to slap these people- you potty train him! He can pee in the toilet no problem... but getting him to do it... think about running uphill while someone continuously trips you can pulls you down... that's potty training Zach. He'll want to do it someday, right? Because to be honest that's the only way it's going to happy.

Comments

  1. Don't worry about windows. I like to wait until they are really ready, which sometimes (especially for my boys) is a long wait. But that's because I agree with you--it is terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea