The Terrible Threes

I'm just going to admit it, three is not my favorite age. Actually three-five is not my favorite age. Five is getting so much better, actually it's getting fun, but three... three is the worst so far. Here's the thing, at two they are smaller (cause remember, I am raising giants), softer, and just more compliant. At three all hell breaks loose (sorry). It's like a light switch, we went from sorta funny and disobedient to evil devil child overnight.



for example, we went from liking our sister to suddenly pushing her down, over, or hitting her every time we see her. She's been around almost 8 months, jealousy cant be the only cause for this behavior. We went from not loving to eat dinner to refusing to sit down at all during dinner. We went from screaming when we were injured to screaming ALWAYS for no reason for hours. It's pretty much the best. And there's no logic- for example "if you dont put your pants on you can't sit on the couch, please put your pants on." "NOOOOOOO!", "Yes, just do it!", "I WILL POOP ON YOU!!!!! YOU ARENT MY FRIEND!" OK I thin we are in agreement on one thing, we arent friends right now. We went from hitting for a reason to hitting all.the.time. and biting... yay for biting. What happened to my dear sweet child?!

I remember Michael as a 3, it was the year we started preschool, that made life so much better. Zach goes twice a week, currently those are my two favorite days of the week. Three was hard with Michael, but it is maddening with Zach. Grace is 7 months old, I'm already dreading her turning three... 

It gets better, right? well obviously it does but if three is any indication of what 13 is going to be... I can't handle it. There arent enough brownies in this world for me to eat my feelings if 13 is worse. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea