Dear Zach...

Dear Zach,
My sweet friend Zach let's have a tiny chat. I know you are excited to come out and explore the world, and I know that in order to be in our family you have to be a little bit crazy, but... you dont have to karate chop your way into the world. You can calm down a tiny tiny bit, or maybe not, but it might be kinda awesome if you chilled out just a little bit. I hear that babies have periods of rest and craziness, you my friend, like your brother, only have periods of craziness, there is no need to count 10 fetal movements an hour, you reach that goal in about 1 minute. Please dont let this be a sign that you feel the same way about sleep that your brother does.

Zach, I know Mikey is thrilled to meet you, and you my friend seem to share his excitement. There is nothing that makes you crazier than hearing his voice. I know sometimes they give babies a little shock during a non stress test to watch their reaction, you my friend would not need the little jolt, all you would need is for Michael to yell "Mommy Mommy! I'm POOPY!" and you would be flipping all over the place. But my sweet friend you cannot wrestle with him yet, I know he struggles with this concept too, but friends seriously the two of you can wrestle in a few months. You have years of craziness ahead of you, let's wait. I know better than anyone how much energy it takes to keep up with your brother, and trust me, if your  current energy level is any indication of how you will be in the future you will be able to keep up with him. But really, is it imperative that we keep up with Michael's energy level right now? Maybe it is. But maybe, just maybe can we make a deal? Let's make a deal that when you come out you will sleep like a normal baby, not like your brother. Let's make a deal that for the next 10 weeks we keep wrestling with your brother to a minimum, let's go with once a day. I am pretty sure that you instigate some of it, and hey more power to you, but remember our little deal, wait 10 weeks and then you my friend can do whatever you want.

Oh and one more thing, seriously with the karate chopping your way our, sweet friend you are going to be born in a hospital, you arent an alien in a bad movie, relax.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds