Washington DC day 3, Brandon and Kristin's wedding

As previously mentioned, we went to Washington DC/Maryland for my brother's wedding at the beginning of september, actually he got married a month ago today so I am not as behind as I thought. 

They got married in the washington dc temple, but they had the reception where she was from. It was a tiny tiny town in Maryland close to Pennsylvannia. It was actually really pretty, but I had no idea just how remote the place was when i was looking at a map in Dallas. 

It would be great if these photos were in order but they arent and I dont care that much. 

Mikey enjoyed spending time with "my emmy" at the reception. I think he tried to get her to build something with wood, and he was pretty entertained by the chickens, I didnt venture out to see what he had her up to, but she was a good sport about it. 
There was a swing in the yard, he thought it was delightful. he loves the swings.
The reception. I thought the lanterns were cute.
See the swing, he loved it.
This is a delightful picture. Not sure why we saved it but it is kinda funny. My dad lost his tie and had to wear the joke bowtie the whole reception, sad but kinda funny. at least he didnt have to wear brian's ultra large bowtie, that would have been even worse. and by worse clearly I mean hilarious and better.
The cupcakes. My brother (the groom) asked me a few weeks later if we let mikey eat one, and I said yes, and he said but the beads, werent you afraid he would choke, nope not so much as they were sprinkles but i did appreciate the concern.
I dont know what dance this was, but let's say it was the first dance. can i just say that nothing makes a first dance less awkward, they are always just horribly awkward. This whole dance i was incredibly grateful that my wedding was years ago and no one was watching me. yeah hated that part of my own reception.
my parents and muggle with his sweet padres hat, not sure why he had the hat but he wore it the whole time. sadly he didnt have a coat zipped all the way up.
mikey liked watching the dancing.
my brother the suck up chose my mom's favorite song for their dance. some might call it a sweet gesture... however i know him better than that.
he liked the cupcakes, well not the cupcakes as much as the frosting.
mikey was on the center of the dance floor, he loved the music. clearly he did not get from me.
see dancing, he loved it! he may have stolen the show for a bit.
we danced, well sorta.
someone gave emily fire, possibly their worst idea ever.
ok so this was the temple. Mikey had his sweet bowtie. and he wasnt sure about it. he is such a cute guy i cant get over it. is it a problem that i have few pictures of the bride and groom, and none where they are actually looking and tons of mikey, well every day is mikey day so that sounds about right.
emily had her sweet sunglasses. sadly we never took a picture with them, but in the event that we had she did have them.
Mikey and brian at the dc temple. I hadnt ever been to the dc temple before, but we learned that the marble on the spires gets thinner as the spires go up allowing light to pass through and them to "glow" at night. makes me wish we saw it at night.
dont you love the matching bowties?
they look related, but here i think mikey looks a little bit less like brian, maybe that is just me, probably just me.
So there was a little lake and a boardwalk right by our hotel. one of the nights we walked over to get some dinner and we saw this little train. we were going to let mikey go on it but he was passed out in the stroller. we went back the next day and had him ride it.
brian rode too, i love how excited brian looks.
so meanwhile back at the reception. this was was the reception. Could i move this photo to create some order, yeah i could, will i ? nope.
this is me at the reception. no nothing was wrong, this just tends to be the delightful face i make in photos where i am the only person.
the food. They had mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and fried chicken. the food was really good.

again with the My Emmy. Not sure what he is going to do when My Emmy has her own kids...

I think this picture is funny cause it looks like he is punching my cousin. I am sure he isnt but it is just one of those pictures you laugh at.
my mom, aww. doesnt she look nice.
the couple, yeah didnt get a close up...
or a straight picture
from so far away this could really be anyone. clearly i wasnt with it.
MUGGLE! or O Muggle as Mikey calls him.
See again with the far away. Hopefully their photographer got something good I can put on my wall...
Ok these are my favorites. We made these awful bowties just for the pictures. My mom made them for my dad and brother and they looked good... I made them for mikey and brian and purposely made them huge and fluffy... like a clown, they are beautiful.

there was one where they smiled but I guess I didnt upload it. I am framing it. It is just too darn cute not to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds