Dear Crazy Boys

As today is Mother's Day I think it is fitting I write a letter to the two crazy boys that made me a mom. And also, happy mother's day to my wonderful mother- you are... great. I didn't appreciate you until I had sleepless nights, someone else's vomit on my t shirt, and loads and loads of laundry. How you didn't sell us to the circus is pretty much a mystery to me. I love you, you are great, oh and sorry about the years, well decades really, of yelling.


Dear Crazy Boys,
Before we get started, I love you guys, as long as you know that the rest will fall into place.

You two have taught me so much- how to let go and get messy, how to sing and dance even when we look ridiculous, how to stop and enjoy the moment, and how to control my temper. There was a time I thought that being a mother might be the end of "me", thanks for showing me that I was wrong, thanks for showing me that instead of losing myself I would find another side I never knew existed.

Thanks for your patience. we all know that I don't have any and that on any given day I make a million mistakes. We are learning together, sorry about that, but thanks for being patient while we muddle through.
 So dear boys a few things that you should know (besides that I love you), first- the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Hopefully we are teaching you what you need to know, and let me just tell you, this-helping teach you and helping you build your own testimonies- is the hardest part of being a mom. It's true, I know that you will question it and have to find your own testimonies, but sweet boys someday you will know for yourselves. I hope that that knowledge will bring you the same peace and joy it has brought me. Second, if you live the Gospel, yes you will have trials and hard times, but you will have an understanding that you have a loving Heavenly Father who has not forgotten you, and you will know that there is more to life than that moment.

 Third- despite what it may seem like at times, we really wanted you little friends. You have brought more happiness to our lives than you can fathom right now (some day you will have your own kids and it will make more sense). and no I am not going to sell you to the circus.

Fourth- be friends with each other. Once a long time ago Grammy and Poppy told me I was going to have a sister, well actually let's back up, first they told me I was having a sister and then it turned out they had uncle muggle, and then a few years later they said I was actually having a sister and they had Emmy. So they told me I was going to have a sister and that someday I would love her and even be her friend. I have to say that for the first 10-15 years of her life we didn't get along great but now we do (most days), and I would consider her one of my best friends, and good news she is stuck with me. Hopefully you two can be like that too.
 Watch out for each other, answer each other's phone calls, plan to be friends- force that friendship.

ok and one last important thing... it's ok to sleep. really it is ok to just take a nap... no really this may be the most important thing, go to sleep!!



I wish they had been in old fashioned rocking chairs in this one, they just look like two old buddies hanging out on the porch, you know if they were on a porch and old. 

love zach's face, actually love both their faces. It is so funny that they look so different. 


this is pretty much every moment of our life... 

mikey learned how to do 2 fingers, just in time to turn three in a few months. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds