Our House

So about 2 months ago we bought a house... and I never posted pictures. To be honest I never actually took any pictures. I looked through my pictures for some and came up with this. Dismal failure I know. But we bought a house and it is lovely. I didn't think it would be so freeing to be locked into a 30 year mortgage but it was. I am so happy that we aren't renting anymore. Now when my kids get this gummy little handprints on the wall it's no one's problem. If we decide to hand something on the wall it's no big deal. If i wanted to paint I could! So far there are very few things on the wall and no painting, but who knows, the possibilities are endless. 

So the world's shortest and most jumbled tour (and yes I will take pictures soon). 

We have a long hallway from our front to back door, just like our house in dallas but longer, and not carpet! Yay for the not carpet. it is great for racing, cars, riding the plasma car, or kidnapping a bike or scooter and riding into walls. It is also great for getting a running start and sliding in your socks. No really, this is one of my favorite things in the house, and indoor track is a must. 
 We have a big open kitchen and huge island. ok there are bigger kitchens and bigger islands, but Im pretty impressed with this one. Oh and did I mention it's all white. yes, nice happy white. our rental was very dark, few windows, not a lot of light and everything was dark. this house is the opposite.
 see it's a big island.


 Most important part of a race track is having a buddy to race. They do this all day every day.
 we have stairs. They can be climbing this way, or the real way. we also have lots and lots of gates.
 we live on a construction filled street. it is almost done and we are thrilled. This was when our cute dallas friends came to visit last month.
 we have a sink in the island. it is perfect for flooding and then letting it drip onto the floor. its a favorite pasttime (of michael's)
 we have a yard. a tiny tiny back yard but a yard and our kids love it. Our neighborhood has a really fun park and pool so we are ok with the tiny yard. less to mow, less evil fire ants, just enough space for the crazies.

 we have a breakfast nook, no formal dinning, but in the event that we wanted to sit at the table we could. we tend to eat at the island, there is something awesome about pushing the dirty dishes directly into the sink, but who knows we might change our minds.
 and we have a cat door. Yep that was included in the grand tour.
ok obviously i will be taking some better/real pictures and posting those, but for now we are thrilled to be in our house! eventually it will look like we live here, but for now we are just thrilled that it is light, open, and ours (well technically only part is ours but we get a little closer each month).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea