Sleep what a beautiful thing

This week has been... wonderful. There aren't enough good things to say about it. Despite both Michael and Zach being sick it has been great, just great. Why so great? Well, remember how Michael has been... well a terror. That's the best way to describe him for the past 6 months. He has been a terror. There has been screaming, back talking, hitting, more screaming, defiance, all normal things but it has been all the time. This week we decided it was time to give in an try melatonin. We have tried time outs, taking things from him, bribing him, bargaining, strict rules, nothing has worked, so we thought maybe instead of addressing his behavior we would address his sleep. Michael has never been a sleeper, and bedtime has always been a battle.  When the pediatrician recommended melatonin I was skeptical so I held off, but this week I gave in and he took it. And it is like a different child lives here now. Yes, there has been some screaming and some defiance but he's three and some disobedience is expected, but he is pleasant, and helpful, and so much happier. And he is in bed asleep, fast asleep and snoring by 7:10pm. And it is great. Really really really great. He seems to think it is great too, more than once he has told me how much easier it is to go to bed ("Mom I can sleep like Zach!") and how much happier he feels. So it looks like we are trying it for a bit. Oh sweet Mikey I have missed you! It is amazing the difference just a bit more sleep can make!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea