Baseball Ready

Michael Plays on a T Ball team. it's a bit hilarious to watch, possibly even better than 3 year old soccer. Let's say the team loves to bat but hates fielding. And the baseball parents seems to take it way more seriously than the soccer parents. Brian is coaching again and he and his co-coach have done a great job. I deleted the photos from the first game (still lamenting that), but I took a few today. And luckily it was also picture day so I got one of the whole team, you can't really see their faces, but it's a photo. 

The Fort Wayne Tincaps 
 Stretching before the game.
 Trying to figure out batting order
 Waiting for the ball. He is standing so we are going to count this as a win.
 Playing 3rd base and waiting, and his glove is still on.
 Waiting to bat
 Baseball ready... yeah... not so much.
So a couple of things about T Ball. I need to take more photos next week. but by the end of the first inning (there are two) more than half the parents are on the field and so are the younger brothers. There are a couple of kids on the team with brothers Zach's age that all want to be out there, and by the second inning they are out there being held by parents. I'm thinking the T Ball team in two years might have a bit more enthusiasm than this one. The team prefers to look for sticks, dig in the gravel, and play in the dirt to playing baseball. They all like to bat but don't all like to run the bases, and fielding... yeah it's not a favorite. Oh and did I mention there are no outs, and the last batter gets a home run. I thought they's be stoked about getting a home run, but I'm thinking they don't all know what a home run is. So we will keep playing and in a year or two or five the game will get more competitive and they will be a bit more "baseball ready".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea