Blogging as Family History and a life update

I think of blogging a bit like family history. I don't keep a journal but I try to update this on a semi regular basis. I like having a record of some of the happenings of our family and then a way to refer back to them, link them to related events, and find them... because I am awful at keeping up with paper. So in a very rough way this is our family journal. And yes I would love to print out each year and look through it, but I havent done it yet. But for now, it's good to be able to look back as "see" things that happened after the memories begin to fade.

So life in a nutshell. Life with two children is... loud. For those of your with more than two children I cannot even being to imagine how you keep yourselves sane. For me, well the sanity is waning on a daily basis, especially between 4:30-6:30pm. I would imagine that as our kids get bigger and have more activities things will become even more chaotic, but for now I think about those two hours as a test of endurance, something that I can get through with patience, prayer, and a very loud dose of NPR.

Michael is almost done with his first year of preschool. He has had such a great year. The first semester was a little bit rocky, and he's had a few tough days this semester as well. But he has LOVED attending on of his preschools. He has made some cute little friends and really found his niche in his classroom. He has also had some wonderful teachers who have fostered his creativity and pushed him to try harder. I am excited to see the growth that comes from next year as well and am excited that he is able to return to his fun preschool. On a sad note... school ends in two weeks. I may throw myself a pity party that day. Michael is a high energy kid all the time, preschool has taken some of that energy and harnessed it into something great. Preschool has provided Michael with much needed additional structure, and has forced him to learn things like empathy, sharing, and waiting. Oh preschool, you have been worth every single penny we have paid!

Michael and Brian are in the middle of t-ball. Brian is coaching again and Michael loves t-ball. The team has a few problems with paying attention, not being held during the games, and generally making it through the whole thing, but I think he has enjoyed it. Michael requested to play again in the fall so we may see if there is a difference between 3 and 4 year old t-ball soon. He has limited interest in fielding... limited might be a bit of an overstatement actually, but he loves hitting and it turns out that with a little bit of practice he's pretty good!

Zach... oh Zach. Zach wishes he could go to gymnastics, t-ball, and school with his big brother. He still loves sleep and that is wonderful! He wants to go back to bed immediately after we drop Michael off at school. I think summer is going to rock his world in a bad way. He has recently developed quite the love for his pacifier. I think he must be getting teeth because he tries to chew the pacifier. We tell him that he can't have the pacifier outside his bed and he responds by saying "night night" and being ok put back in his bed. He's pretty tricky, he knows we don't like him to have a pacifier outside his bed but that "Buddy" is totally fine getting him pacifiers. So when we say no, he goes up to Michael and says "Buddy beam beam!" and Michael gets him one... not sure how I feel about this. He still loves his puppy and has become very possessive about it. Oh and did I mention he's a chatterbox. I thought our second child would be fairly quiet because the oldest would speak for him... and while Michael does try to speak for him Zach is not ok with that. He yells over Michael. I know it seems impossible but Zach is just as chatty as Michael. He says lots of words, some only we understand but some that are pretty clear.  The short list includes "bath", "juice", "more more", "unbuckle" (it's true, I don't know why this is one of the words he's chosen to learn), "banana", "up", "down", "out", "mine", "mommy", "mama", "daddy!!!!!!", "BUDDY!", "cj", "whoo whoooo" (this is the word he uses to train, he loves trains), "shoes", "show", "dandan" (Daniel, as in Daniel Tiger), "sauce" (applesauce), "wa wa" (water), "please", "tadoo" (for your, this is anytime you have something he wants or he wants to give you something), "night night" (refers to going to sleep or his bed), "NO!!!!!", "treat", "em em" (M&M), "memmy!" (Emmy! he screams this anytime the phone rings), "mammy" (Grammy, the next thing he screams when he realizes that it is a FaceTime call instead of a regular phone call, there are two different rings), "POP!" (poppy), "pone" (phone), "teeth teeth" (brush teeth), "GO GO!" (race me), "outside", "go!", "shoes", "socks", "shirt", "crocs", "WAZI!" (all the Octonauts), "b ball" (baseball), "ball", "bike", "tree", 'bye bye", "cruck" (truck), "caaar" (car), "toap" (soap). I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting, but he's quite the little chatterbox.

so there's life in a nutshell. It's loud and crazy. Brian works a lot, we do a lot of laundry, dishes, and mopping, the boys are growing up and are little smarty pants.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds