Dear Everyone I've Let Down Recently

Dear Everyone I've Let Down Lately,
The list is growing by the day! Neighbors, friends, church people, school people, students, co-workers, kid friends, family, let's not mention the people that actually live here. I'm really really sorry. These last two months (ok going on three) we've been on survival mode. Anything that doesn't absolutely need to happen... doesnt. There's a good reason no one has been inside our house since October 1.

I apologize that we've missed playdates, haven't returned phone calls, haven't signed up for things that we normally do and you were counting on us to step up. I apologize that we've been late, grumpy, unprepared, slower than normal, and unresponsive. We are taking it day by day here at our house. Dinners havent been made, laundry is washed (sometimes) and not folded, and forget the rest- please don't ask to see the bathroom, inside of the car (though I do blame that on Michael). We've been sick, in the hospital, and pregnant. These are not a great combination of things.

I wake up every day with the best of intentions and then... 10am hits and it's over. First there was the incessant vomiting and nausea, and now there's nausea (with a little bit of vomiting) and exhaustion. Yes, I am hiding in my house wearing comfy pants and going to bed at 7pm. You've caught me, it's the truth.

It was a relief when I finally told people- hey I'm not a slacker, I'm pregnant!. One friend laughed and said- that explains it! Yep that is explains it. It explains why my kids are now very familiar with chicken nuggets, why we missed the beautiful October park weather, why my contributions to school parties have been limited, and why I've been basically checked out of life for the past... 10 weeks. I apologize! It explains the lack of christmas presents, the miscalculated christmas cards, why i havent signed up for meals, the meetings I've missed, just so many things. I'm hoping we turn a new leaf soon. but in the meantime I sincerely apologize to all of you!

Comments

  1. Your new normal will find you...after morning sickness (and baby's birth ). Until then, all is excused! And I'm incredibly impressed your Christmas card already arrived. We just ordered ours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea