Summer is seriously the worst

Ok I know I make a post like this every year around this time but let me just say just in case anyone forgot- summer is seriously the worst. For the life of me I cannot understand people that love summer. I mean maybe that might be me if I lived somewhere where 1. summer wasnt roughly the same temperature as the surface of the sun and lasted FOREVER or 2. if I lived somewhere with winter and needed to thaw out. Since winter in Austin is like well... late summer other places I dont like summer. Dont get me wrong it is fun for a few weeks- long days, lots of pool time, warm nights (oh wait that's always), but after that it's just hot. I know some places people stay inside in the winter, in Texas we are the opposite- we stay inside in the summer. I've told my kids on many occasions that is just way too hot to play outside and that they have to come back in. Granted it was over 100 and the humidity was pretty high so your risk of dehydration was definitely there. But really let's get back to the people that love summer- maybe their brains has been fried by the insane weather. Really who wants to wear shorts instead of sweaters and jeans- no one, you have to shave your legs everyday, yep think about how much time you would save wearing pants... just sayin'. And how many times can you really swim? I'd venture to say not as often as you would think, after awhile you realize you're swimmming in recycled pee water... yep it's true. And no school... yeah no I dont like this one. So summer, let's chat, I'm not even asking that you go away entirely, just bring it down, 20 degrees, I mean 35 would be perfect (we are forescast to have a high of 100 today). It's September fall should be in the air, how can I eat pumpkin pie when I am still going to the pool and wearing shorts. It's time to begin the transition to sweaters and heaters, not time to crank up the AC (which I did). Really, the day for popsicles, bbq, and corn on the cob has ended, we will see you again in March, now it is time for the best season of all- Fall!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea