We got a blue!

Michael's kindergarten class has a really complicated behavior chart. You start on green (neutral) and can either stay there or go up or down depending on your behavior. In this behavior chart blue is one step above green and means you went above and beyond, it means you had a bubble and an arrow when you were supposed to and that you didnt get in trouble. Yesterday was our first blue, we have to document his hard work! Way to go Buddy! It turns out kindergarten has gotten a lot harder than what I remember from the days when I was sitting at the rabbit table watching in horror as my table mates (all boys) ate the paste. Pretty sure they dont even have paste in his classroom. He tells me "Mom we have to sit in writing position!", I'm a little fuzzy on what writing position is because apparently that wasnt a thing we did in the early 1990's but good for him. I remember kindergarten as a time when 1. the kids ate paste, 2. we painted a lot, 3. there was an awesome play kitchen, and 4. we went home at lunch. He stays until 3:30, his classroom has no toys, and any art projects are closely monitored and done with the art teacher in a separate classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea