Annual Christmas Letter

It's time for our annual Christmas letter, we are sending out cards, but because I am lazy, and didnt want to stuff envelopes, and didnt want to get my act together and actually write something the cards dont contain a letter. But because I LOVE christmas letters, I had to write one and post it on here. Seriously, they make my year. Our Christmas letters from the previous years are posted on my other blog 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008. 


So here is the 2012 version. 

Howdy Family and Friends, 
2012 was a wonderful year for us in Texas. We spent the winter indoors hiding from RSV, we spent the summer at the pool, and we spent the fall at the park. 

Michael started out the year as a baby and ended it as a crazy little boy. He learned to roll, crawl, scoot, walk, and run (fast) this year. He went from communicating by crying to learning to speak... loudly, often, and with quite the vocabulary. Now he has opinions, preferences, and plans for each day. He loves to go to the park (and stay on the swings), storytime, music class, play with his friend Cooper, throw things, color, play with stickers, create huge messes, take baths, play in the sand, read anything about owls, and chase the cat around all the time. He knows most of his body parts, quite a few animal sounds, and can recognize 3 letters, we are thrilled. He has changed so much in one year, I can't imagine how different he will be by next yeat. Oh and the biggest Michael related news... he is going to nursery (at church) starting in January, I can't tell you how excited I am about this, my excitement is nothing in comparison to his- so excited for him to continue to explore and try new things. 

Brian had an exciting year of working. Yes, you read it right it was exciting and it was busy. The hours were long, the stress was high, but we are grateful for his job and for all the opportunities he has been given. 


And me, well I spent the first part of the year not sleeping because we were learning to sleep through the night and the second part of the year not sleeping because I was dreaming about the disasters we were going to encounter/create/cleanup the next day. No really, it was a great year, I am learning the adjust to life with a busy kid, and learning that my way may be clean but not always realistic.

We took a few trips home to CA and UT this year. We enjoyed spending time with our families, but did not enjoy (even in the slightest) flying with a little guy. We had some visitors to TX, we had so much fun with both sets of grandparents, aunts and uncles, and all the cousins, so fun to see everyone and enjoy Texas with our families.

2012 was a great year, we are blessed. We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, and an even happier New Year!

Brian, Ashley, and Michael
Dont know what happened when I saved this photo, may have to go back and re do that. 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that I've been able to get to know you and your beautiful family better this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable. Glad you guys had a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea